Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Research on American Offshore Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154668-research-american-offshore-boats.html)

SurfDuck 03-28-2007 02:33 PM

Research on American Offshore Boats

I saw an AO mold being sold by aodoctor on Ebay and was wondering what is up with the company? I am interested in buying an AO deck. It said in the ad that these deck boat molds were available for sale and that they are from a company that fell apart and that this boat was the only thing that kept them alive. Is AO out of business? The ad called the company American Notshore but also had American Offshore in the title. They have a nice Deck boat, I saw one at Havasu last year and the owner took me for a ride. But if they are having problems I don’t think it would be a good idea to spend that kind of money with a questionable company. Any info on them would be greatly appreciated.

Buddy OO 03-28-2007 07:22 PM

If their selling the molds, how would you get one made and that would raise a big red flag to me, caveot empter.

SurfDuck 03-28-2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2074195)
If their selling the molds, how would you get one made and that would raise a big red flag to me, caveot empter.

Yep, buyer beware! That is why I am doing my due diligence.:D

TexomaPowerboater 03-28-2007 10:27 PM

I believe that chris craft sold AO the mold from their 30 Chris Cat. I like those Chris Cat's.

Buddy OO 03-29-2007 02:58 AM

Your right Awesome bought all the molds and they are at Awesomes new boat facility in St. louis, they can be reached at 618 877-0900 ask for Dan. they have the 31 shadow,chris,AO mold.

SurfDuck 03-29-2007 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2074545)
Your right Awesome bought all the molds and they are at Awesomes new boat facility in St. louis, they can be reached at 618 877-0900 ask for Dan. they have the 31 shadow,chris,AO mold.

So are they making boats under the American Offshore name or Awesome?

chromecat 03-29-2007 08:46 PM

surfduck,

give me a call or shoot me an email, I can fill you in on the american offshore deck boat...

Don
[email protected]
217-356-4546

Jesster 03-29-2007 11:14 PM

Surfduck,

I can tell you that AO has not "fallen apart" at all, as a matter of fact I would say that they are in better shape financially and as a business than they have ever been. They are now located on the west coast with full access to some of the best builders in the industry. They will now offer a full line of gel options and I am sure the attention to detail by the builder will rise significantly. The person selling the molds seems to be a little bitter :mad: judging from the things you posted. :eek: From what I have been told I think you can expect some very good things from AO in the future. I wouldnt worry about purchasing one, but wait until the new deck comes out. I think you will be surprised. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. :p

Buddy OO 03-30-2007 03:32 AM

The 31 started as a shadow cat/Chris cat, Awesome and AO was the next that followed these designs, all the Awesome molds all catamarans were purchased by the new Awesome owner, they are not the AO molds on ebay, They are currently being modernized and updated interior styling, and will be far superior to the quality of the AO. have several friends with the AO's, most of them are for sale.

TopSpin80 03-30-2007 09:08 AM

The shadow and the chris are 2 different cats... ask someone who knows them.. t2x... I think the question here is who has who's molds?
A.O. - in Texas had the Chris molds are they now the property of Awesome?

where is the A.O./Chris 31?

Ernie