If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 35 Lightning
    beaumont tx
    Quote Originally Posted by berns29scarab View Post
    hearing all kinds of stories...that the fluid is $40 a pint, the top has to be re-set, once you disconnect the cylinders, you need the computer to reset the codes that are gonna pull in the cars computer etc...any truth or all BS
    if the top is still working, just top off the fluid, use benz fluid for it, then when you change the cylinders just dont leave the lines open for a long time, you will not loose much fluid at all. cycle top, and check level, also the pump has an overheat switch so dont cycle it a bunch of times without letting it cool, if the car does not have any codes in RST module then changing the cylinders will not set any.[unless you let a lot of fluid out then you would get a time out code] you can call me tomorrow at my job if you need part numbers or more info, if you dont feel good about performing the repair call around, with you knowing already what you need will save you on diagnosis. call a service advisor and get a price .

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    The leaking cylinders are the lockdowns for the front of the top.

Is not a hard fix, but be sure to top off the reservoir after you cycle it a few times - maybe check it after a week of driving and cycling. Codes should not be set to error condition unless you have actually gotten it to "error out" while operating it (error code should flash thru illuminated top button/switch thing). System is fairly fault-tolerant.

You won't get dealer help on a '97, but they were doing "goodwill" gestures and eating the labor on low mile cars that were less than 5 yrs old at one point (they did my '99 in '02).
    I see London, I see France...

You own the 500 for the women so just take it down to the MBZ shop and let them fix it like it was OSO Steve's car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12