Old 02-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pushin this back up too.......
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
SuperCrash,

I was able to absorb your comments until you brought up the part about Santa Claus not being real. Now I'm pissed!!!!!

If you can't dream, what can you do???

Buck
Old 02-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Registered

Iggy, I really meant no offense, I was trying to be quite obviously sarcastic. Sorry if I offended you.
Hey, I can agree with some of the article. Yes, English is our language, it’s great to be patriotic, and I think the whole PC thing is overrated and overblown. But don’t buy the “In God We Trust” is our motto, "be a christian or get out" BS. E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) is more of a motto that the country was founded on (shown on the Great Seal, approved by congress in 1784). “In God We Trust” was declared our national motto in 1956. I just read that there have been challenges on the constitutionality of the motto, as recently as 1996. The opinion then read "After making [inquiries], we find that a reasonable observer, aware of the purpose, context, and history of the phrase "In God we trust," would not consider its use or its reproduction on U.S. currency to be an endorsement of religion. (Gaylor vs USA, 10th Cir. 1996)” That would imply that those who use this as an argument for the “Christian State” are unreasonable observers. I couldn’t agree more. I love my country and think that the flag is a great symbol of it. My kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance at school and I recite it at Power Squadron meetings. But I don’t think I’d die for the flag. I would risk my life defending the US, but if someone said that there was a couple of guys with flamethowers and a tank and machine guns down the road that were planning on destroying a flag, but if I led a charge of 300 men to overtake them, hopefully our last guy could get the flag away while the enemy was busy turning me and the other 298 soldiers into corned beef hash in fatigues, I think I’d pass.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No offence taken.
I apologize if I offended you.
It's just that there are some things that hit close to home and heart.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:57 AM
supercrash

Bill272...Way to speak up I hear what your saying!!!
Somebody needs to tell G.W. that this is not a Christian nation.He vows to uphold the Constitution , But his first act in office was defying the constitution.
www.positiveatheism.org./hist/quotes/bush.htm
His father already excluded atheists as citizens and patriots..Whats next???..kick us out of the country that they highjacked??

And just for fun www.artbell.com/funfotos4.html

Old 02-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Gotta agree with you 272! I pick my fights more carefully than that. But if the enemie is threatining our way of life or people that we have sworn to defend then i will be there with the 299 other americans,as my granfather did in WW1 as my father did in WW2 as my uncle did in Korea And as many of my friends and almost myself did in Viet Nam!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:48 AM
supercrash

Bill sounds like me birdog......NO WAY would I fight for a country that tells me I'm no citizen or patriot because I don't belive in god.But the bastards still took my tax money.
Spitfire..take a look at the responses you got from your post..Most those people just assume what was posted is true.. Just like when they read "In god we trust" They assume it's their god that we trust.The Christians are really pushing full steam ahead with their take over of this country , hopefully when G.W. gets defeated in the election the next guy can straighten things out.

Old 02-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Talking

I gotta say that quack-quack exchange between Nick and Cig1 had me ROTFLMAO!!!!

Thanks for starting my day out right!!!

Sean
Old 02-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
S.C. Those tens of thousands of men gave their lives so you @ I can decide what religion or no religion! Don't let a few bible thumpers make you believe any different!!!! America stands for free choice above all else!!!!
Old 02-12-2002, 11:19 AM
supercrash

Bird..The "bible thumper" is the President..And his father
Did you read the link about his first act in office???..I would never fight his holy war in the middle east!!..When the Japs attacked us we went after their innocent citizens with atom bombs...Done!!WAR is over!!No further American were killed and the Japs have behaved ever since...Now a bigger attack comes and we are a bunch of pussies that base our whole war around not hitting civilians..What happened to us since then???..Can we dig Truman up so he can launch some weapons already???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.