Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hearing reports of Marine fuel going over $5.00/gallon---wow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154852-hearing-reports-marine-fuel-going-over-%245-00-gallon-wow.html)

BAJA WILL 04-03-2007 06:11 AM

Fazznick,

I agree that traders and speculators drive the price, however it goes up same day, sometimes twice in a day? When the price comes down it takes days/weeks to come back down at the local level?? Why is that?

Oh and I'm in Healthcare, talk about gouging:D those who can pay, pay for everyone, its ridiculous:evilb:

WILL:drink:

fazznick 04-03-2007 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by 27Fountain (Post 2079699)
Fazznick,

I agree that traders and speculators drive the price, however it goes up same day, sometimes twice in a day? When the price comes down it takes days/weeks to come back down at the local level?? Why is that?

Oh and I'm in Healthcare, talk about gouging:D those who can pay, pay for everyone, its ridiculous:evilb:

WILL:drink:

I really dont know. My experience is that I if I get a load of fuel that is a nickel or ten cents higher than my last load I usally sell it near cost to keep up with the competition in my area untill the competion gets a load of fuel and goes up. When the fuel is low we try to keep it that way as long as possible. When the fuel starts to drop the reverse happens. Guys will go down on the price when their tanks are near empty so they dont have 3000 gal's of fuel at the higher price plus 6000 more at the low. Your average price doesn't go down as much when that happens. They don't drop fast because it takes some time to sell off the high priced gas in the tank. I happen to have a lot of competion in my area and my closest competitor usually sets the price.

When the market goes up the price is usally reflected in the price of gas the next day but not usually at the pump untill some days later. Prices also seem to go up before it is traded higher and that might affect the market. Anyway that has been my experiance. I usually don't worry about it that much because most of my customers are going to only buy 5 or 10 dollars at a time no matter the price. I knew before I ever got pumps that I would be lucky to make any money at all once all the expencies were paid. I make money inside the store not oudside.

Shooter 04-04-2007 09:30 AM

Now that I bought my "rackominium" I pay cost on fuel. It's about 62 cents less per gallon.

10x 04-05-2007 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shooter (Post 2081513)
Now that I bought my "rackominium" I pay cost on fuel. It's about 62 cents less per gallon.

What's a "rackominium" and how does it lower the fuel price???:eek: