Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerplay Boat Posting?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15511-powerplay-boat-posting.html)

OffshoreOnly 02-11-2002 11:14 PM

You may say whatever you would like. They are no longer a member because OSO had received so many complaints about the person on various topics that when asked to cool it off a little the person became a smart***. The posts included comments about situations when people were killed, anti-american, and in a lot of cases not true statements attacking peoples character. OSO and the member decided it would be best for them to play on a playground with people who thought those things were funny. The actions were taken at the request of you all- "the members". Not something we like to do but luckily only happens once in a while.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: OffshoreOnly ]

Audiofn 02-11-2002 11:25 PM

I do not see what the big question is hear. Obviously the poster has deleted their post. I have deleted some of my posts with questions that I have asked just to try and free up space on the board. I know that they site is taxed and once I get my questions answered if I feel it is a "stupid" questions I delete it. Perhaps this person got the response that they were looking for and decided to delet it as well, or they decided that some one was going to complain about it and they would take it off first. At any rate I think that we DO NOT have to question the administration of this board because we all know that things have to get a little out of hand for them to get involved and those strings were no were near that point.

Jon

boat nut 02-11-2002 11:56 PM

TOO OLD,

Well said. This is also the same rumors we are hearing out in this neck of the woods.

Audiofn 02-12-2002 12:02 AM

Well it is certainly an interesting rumor and untill I see it more substantiated (sp) I will leave it at that and give the board administrators the benifiet of the doubt.

Jon

Jeffrey 02-12-2002 12:52 AM

I guess it is time to set the record straight! Most rumors have a shred of truth to them. In this case ... the rumor has more than a shred of truth to it.

Approximately four months ago I took on a partner in OSO who resides in Florida. He is involved in the boating industry and a very well-respected individual.

The reasons were really very simple. OSO was growing beyond my capabilities to handle it. I needed help and a good friend of mine was there to help me. A diehard boater like all of us. Someone who could help with the day-to-day operations. Someone with excellent input. Someone who I could rely on to be there 24-7! And most importantly ... someone I could trust 110%!

Now most of you who have been on the Board for the past year or so know me and know how I operate. I have never - and will never - interefere unless absolutely necessary. My partner - Steve - knows this and agrees with me 100%. I know what Steve does and he knows what I do. I can assure all of you that he has never deleted any posts pertaining to Powerplay. Yes ... he knows the owner and even owns a Powerplay. But he also knows that OSO is neutral and will always remain neutral.

Both Steve and I are here to insure that OSO continues to grow for the benefit of every user on the Board and every visitor to the site. We are definately not going to jeapordize our reputation by siding with any individual or company over some inconsequential posts.

If any of you ever have a complaint or see something that bothers you ... email me directly. My email address is [email protected]. Need confirmation on a rumor? Ask away. Posts disappearing? Let me know.

I have never let any of you down and I am not about to start now. Rest assured ... I am here and very much involved behind the scenes. I will be at the party on Friday at Monty's and I expect all of you who are attending to come and say hello.

Jeffrey

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Jeffrey ]

PhantomChaos 02-12-2002 01:47 AM

I've had the opposite problem.......might hit the board later after a few too many cocktails, and make a few posts.

The next morning I go to the board while at the office and see a cool thread and check it out, only to notice that I have already posted there the night before!!! It's like my post just popped up there all by itself!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

PhantomChaos 02-12-2002 02:04 AM

You stillup now?

bajabob38 02-12-2002 04:48 AM

Troutly
you better get some sleep, we got some partying to do in Miami..!!!!!

KAAMA 02-12-2002 05:46 AM

Thanks again for this forum Jeffrey

Ozzie 02-12-2002 08:00 AM

I was going to look at Powerplay at Miami. Is there a potential problem I should know about or isn't there? What have the deleted posts said? The rest of this post is too confusing. I only care about the facts.