Notices

Powerplay Boat Posting??

Old 02-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
I also agree, cut out all the hoopla, and B.S. and hear say, and stick to the issues, whether bad or good, but just facts not fiction. Jeffrey, youve done a fine job, keep up the good work, looking forward to the new surprises. Powerplay no comment
Old 02-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have watched this post along with the other deleted or missing posts with great interest. I have a 38' Poweeplay on order since Dec 2000, you guys can do the math but the boat was contracted to be delivered 1 Nov 2001, it is now Feb 12th, 2002 so I ask is the boat 14 months or 3 months late????? I say it is only 3 months late!!! Now with that being said, I closed on the boat loan today, My Keith Eickert 675's where delived to Dan W. @ PP at 8:00PM this evening, when am I going to take delivery of my 38'? April 1st.
Do I have issues with PP and Dan? Yes I do! do I believe PP can do a better job with there poeple skills? Yes I do!! Has it been frustrating at times? More than once! But the bottom line is that the boat is UNBELIEVABLE! It will be worth the wait, No REPLACING stringers, or transoms, or BLUEPRINTING the BOTTOM or any other problems with the bonding of the hull. I have keeped quite because I am not going to carry anybodys water, talk down anyones choice of boat, even if I don"t care or have issues with that make.
Our brand of boat is a personal choice!
I will say this, I know I'm going to be spending a hell-of-alot more time with my boat that with the staff at PP, I am willing to look over some issues in order to get EXACTLY what I want! I am very anal! I hope this clears up some of the confusion.
BLUE SKIES, Robbie

PS. For everyone going to the boat show, you are in for a surprise, in the Powerplay booth as we speak, there is a 38' PP with 725 Cobra motors, also NO PAINT, why to show how straight this boat is. You decided and post to let me know what you think!!

Flame away!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2002, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck on your purchase!!
Old 02-13-2002, 01:08 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

To the top to foil Puder!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 02:08 AM
Registered

My involved observation and inspection of the PP38 at the show was that it was one of the finest boats at the show. The workmanship, attention to detail, and design seemed excellent. I can also comment that I visited the Powerplay booth my first and last day at the show and was greeted more than graciously and in both occassions it was clear that I was not currently a buyer as I am pleased with my current boat.

Two different groups of salespeople cheerfully proudly presented the quality points on their boat. Many of my questions were unrelated to the benefit to them selling a boat. The company officials were polite and very informative.

I do not know of any of the practices of PowerPlay as negative and am surprised that someone has a complaint. I can only say that I left their booth on both occasions with a positive feeling on the PowerPlay product and company.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:24 PM
OopSeaDazey

I also checked out the new 38 with John and I don't think they are with it anymore. The boats finish was flawless, but the look is very much late 70's or 80's. I think the 33 was a much nicer looking boat in terms of finish. The 38 was plain and kind of boring, cabin was REALLY sad, they said they brought it to the show all white to show off the finish, but that doesn't make sense when you see all the other top of the line boats with killer paint. There were many k-mart type items on and in the boat. Perfect example of "why" some boats, no matter how well built, go "EXTINCT". Not trying to bash, please, just offering my view point.

Old 02-21-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Hey Oopsea baby,

Aren't you the guy or gal that posted the "Powerplay Boat Posting" a few weeks ago? Just curious

zzie
Old 02-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

You really don't have a clue..."The cabin is REALLY sad?" What kind of boat do you own Opie?? I mean Oopsea..

zzie