Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So what does Mike Fiore and Joe Sgro have to say now? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155238-so-what-does-mike-fiore-joe-sgro-have-say-now.html)

bojoe2 04-05-2007 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by fredefox (Post 2083089)
If OL and Fountain want to find out if one boat out performs the other, there is a simple solution.

Have Merc build 8 of the same race engines. Number them 1-8. OL and Fountain each draw 4. Install two in each boat and run them 15, 20 miles, whatever. Switch engines from one boat to the other, run them again. Pull first two engines from each boat and install the second set of engines that have not been run. Same race, change engines and race again.

See who wins.

NICE

bojoe2 04-05-2007 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 2083231)
Beating the Outerlimits by a whopping 46 seconds doesn't exactly put you in the status of World Domination, and it doesn't even come close to lapping anybody.

I can't wait till Somebody feeds you a nice piece of Humble Pie Sprinkled in SH@T!

FRED YOU ALWAYS TELL IT HOW IT IS :eek: :D

racesdad 04-05-2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 2083131)
Congrats, It is a fine school and the point is?

well with an avatar like gatorone you must be a fan. other than that NOTHING

GATORONE 04-05-2007 04:08 PM

Go GATORS:drink:

mrhorsepower1 04-05-2007 04:25 PM

GO GATORONE!:D :drink:

bmanafort 04-05-2007 05:28 PM

Fountain and outerlimits are both well made boats. I will say that the Outerlimits guys are painting themselves to look like poor losers. Racing doesnt matter? Dying sport? Only to people who are on the losing side of the sport. Take your lumps like a man. You dont have to like it but you shouldnt be attacking them personally or bad mouthing the sport.

louietherigger 04-05-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort (Post 2083346)
Fountain and outerlimits are both well made boats. I will say that the Outerlimits guys are painting themselves to look like poor losers. Racing doesnt matter? Dying sport? Only to people who are on the losing side of the sport. Take your lumps like a man. You dont have to like it but you shouldnt be attacking them personally or bad mouthing the sport.

Well said my friend!:evilb: GO GAYTORS!! :evilb: racing only matters to you if OL wins, don't count on it.

MES 04-05-2007 06:25 PM

I wonder how GATORONE's tweaking dreams went last night

IN10SE 04-05-2007 06:41 PM

fountain5776,

Did they really say you were cheating or could this just have been one way to avoid the huge mess many witnessed last season when a boat showed up with questionable engines that raced half the season? With a full race average of only 1.4 mph difference from 1st to 3rd place, it is strange that anyone would consider that cheating was going on. It seems that can just be as simple as a prop selection for so little difference. Hopefully the inspection was just to make sure everyone was playing with the same powerplants right from the start of the season. Congratulations on your win.

pullmytrigger 04-05-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort (Post 2083346)

VERY well said.......