Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ex-Wharf operator in Grand Haven? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155295-ex-wharf-operator-grand-haven.html)

cougarman 04-16-2007 08:50 AM

I was going to post sundays article's from the Grand Rapids press,.............but it looks as though that's been covered already and straightened out via Parnell and other locals.

I really hope all this gets Straightend out !!!!
Saber and other's are REAL assets to West Michigan as well as OSO..................... and I'd love to see Saber keep growing, there one of the few and honest ones left that build hard core rock solid products !!!

Makes ya wonder how it gets so out of hand for such a long period of time with no one noticing for a couple of years ???

All the best to the ones being taken advantage of !!

Cougarman

tommymonza 04-16-2007 09:33 AM

I don.t think the bank has any ground to stand on for takilng wicked won.The title they have is fake and for a boat that does not exist in Sabers records.As long as Saber still holds the title it should be their boat.

Car Biz 04-16-2007 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh (Post 2094726)
That could be one hellova court battle. The article said saber took it in on trade then sold it to Vorce to re-sell. It said saber only received a small down payment. So one would think it would be sabers boat, but... it also said that he forged the title as a 2003 in his name. He then took a loan against it.

So... I would think the bank will tell saber to get lost since the bank is a lein holder on the title. Even though the title was forged the bank would tell them to take it up with the state since they didnt catch the false title.

Sounds like the same thing happened with the Hi-Lite. I hope it wasnt steve leasing it to him.

What a mess! I feel for all involved. I am surprised he can still walk.

I 100% agree. terrible for everyone involved this is going to be a drawn out process.

MidnightRider 04-16-2007 01:18 PM

Chicken will remember: If this will make anyone feel any better about the situation. I did choke this guy a few years ago for shooting and breaking a water ballon on the dash of my Fountain. :drink:

Todd Hartigh 04-16-2007 02:06 PM

Yup! I think Rick was croud control.

M R, I will have to tell you a similar story involving him from this past summer over a :drink:.

Lata!

cfischer 04-17-2007 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightRider (Post 2095262)
Chicken will remember: If this will make anyone feel any better about the situation. I did choke this guy a few years ago for shooting and breaking a water ballon on the dash of my Fountain. :drink:

I was there and it wasn't Mike that you choked. It was his brother's friend from college and it was probably a good thing that it got broken up cause there was about 6 of them on the boat. The ballon was not intentionally shot at you. Everyone was having fun and you freaked out cause some water got in your boat. There's no reason for you to add some bad blood to the mix that's not even true.

Todd Hartigh 04-17-2007 08:27 AM

It may have been his brothers friend but the balloon thing was no accident. The first one hit a girl in the head. Considering it came from a launcher it wasnt fun for her. He yelled several times to stop hitting the boat. They continued, which led to the situation.

Is this CJ? If so, how are ya? I see the cig hasnt sold yet.

See yall this summer!

cfischer 04-18-2007 11:23 AM

Hey Todd, yes it's me! I am sorry about the whole situation. We were all the way across the cove from you guys so obviously we couldn't hear you. Anyways, this whole situation with Mike sucks but we are all moving on. No the Cig hasn't sold yet but have a few prospects! Looking forward to a great year at the Wharf so you guys should stop by and hang out some time this summer!! See ya on the water!!

Todd Hartigh 04-18-2007 01:11 PM

No problem, that was some time ago.

Prospects are better than nothing!

We will stop in for sure.

See Ya Soon!

MidnightRider 04-18-2007 03:56 PM

:drink: All in good fun. My intent that day was not to be on that boat by myself either, my six buddies that were coming decided to stop to talk to girls on the way, I did not realize they had dropped off. Fortunatley my personal "Meat Head" was keeping an eye on me. It is just a story we laugh about now. It had just come up as a " You remember that guy". :drink:

Chick: :drink: tommorow night ??????