Thoughts on 2007 Seadoo RXT >

Thoughts on 2007 Seadoo RXT

Notices

Thoughts on 2007 Seadoo RXT

Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on 2007 Seadoo RXT

I was looking at purchasing the new 2007 Seadoo RXT and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on it. Does the '07 model still need the ceramic washers replaced or is that fixed now. Are there any other problems with the RXT I should be prepared for? Or is it better to look into the Yamaha FX-HO because from what I hear they may be the more reliable of the two.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes they are still ceramic washers. And yes the first thing you should do is put steel ones in.

The RXT is the better look and performing boat IMO.

Best spot for more info is www.greenhulk.net
Old 04-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Here read this it was just asked a week ago.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155149
Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=LapseofReason;
Tell me why if the washer was such a big problem and seems to be such an easy fix why would seadoo not change the washer I think you have a seadoo agenda. I've had seadoos for years I know 8-10 people with SC doos no one is having or have had problems. Whats the deal? There's more to this story.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Here read this it was just asked a week ago.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155149
Ive got 5 hours on this Kawi Ultra LX and just love it. Great hole shot, very stable and dry ski. When full of gas a little nose heavy when just trolling 5 mph. I get my Ultra 250 in about 13 days, can't wait. Read my other thread that Lapse of Reason put up. I was sold on Sea-doo, have been for years, but am, really enjoying this Kawasaki. Good Luck in your decision...keep us posted..Jeff
Old 04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I can't wait to try my new ski. Brought a 06 left over RXT and 06 GTXSC in late Oct. Haven't tried them yet. Paid 9500 for RXT and 9200 for GTXSC. I think that was a good deal.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=wipeout;2086328][QUOTE=LapseofReason;
Tell me why if the washer was such a big problem and seems to be such an easy fix why would seadoo not change the washer I think you have a seadoo agenda. I've had seadoos for years I know 8-10 people with SC doos no one is having or have had problems. Whats the deal? There's more to this story.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they havn't changed the washers and some of the other stuff that always fails. But if you call them they will tell you that they have never had a problem with that part. so who knows.
I dont have a Sea doo agenda. I have jet skis but only because I live on the water and people always come over and want to ride jet skis. Mine are all OLD Kawasaki's 2 ZXI's & STX 1100 and a 650 stand up. I have less than $3k into all of them. I think I rode twice last year for a total of 20 minutes.I don't really get into them so as far as a grudge or something on Seadoo.....No.
If you read my post in the other thread my last post I posted my service dept. records and sales #'s. It may not be the same all over but where I am that's the deal .
I have a watercraft tech that only works 6 months a year then has a crappy desk job. from May 1st.-Oct. he makes 55-65k as a Seadoo tech, and I have two other watercraft guys that make good coin working on every brand.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=LapseofReason;2086361]
Originally Posted by wipeout

I don't know why they havn't changed the washers and some of the other stuff that always fails. But if you call them they will tell you that they have never had a problem with that part. so who knows.
I dont have a Sea doo agenda. I have jet skis but only because I live on the water and people always come over and want to ride jet skis. Mine are all OLD Kawasaki's 2 ZXI's & STX 1100 and a 650 stand up. I have less than $3k into all of them. I think I rode twice last year for a total of 20 minutes.I don't really get into them so as far as a grudge or something on Seadoo.....No.
If you read my post in the other thread my last post I posted my service dept. records and sales #'s. It may not be the same all over but where I am that's the deal .
I have a watercraft tech that only works 6 months a year then has a crappy desk job. from May 1st.-Oct. he makes 55-65k as a Seadoo tech, and I have two other watercraft guys that make good coin working on every brand.
Can you tell us what the other problems are? I have a new one and would like to know. Thanks rush
Old 04-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=rush;2086432]
Originally Posted by LapseofReason

Can you tell us what the other problems are? I have a new one and would like to know. Thanks rush
The washers on the superchargers are the first thing to go, if your lucky they just slip and you just loose some MPH, if they break then it takes out the whole moter, most of the time. When you do blow one it's very hard to get all the metal cleaned out of the oil pumps and passages before you rebuild.

Cam chains are weak and have had a couple break on some of the newew ones. (don't know whats up with that yet)

The wear rings are too soft and don't last long enough. Lots of elec. problems. They also changed a lot of stuff this year and when you put the new parts on the older skis they have you rectro fit them and some of it is pretty major stuff like drilling the block in one spot or filling a hole in another.

Oil psi switches going bad, wouldn't be bad if it didn't put the ski in limp mode and you have to take the motor 95% out to change it.

When you look at the motor apart it's looks like a beast big rods heavy duty block. They just from what we see don't hold up.

I am the Shop foreman and spend most my time with bike's but I do QC everything that go's though the shop bike or ski and when talking to the ski techs and them showing me the stuff they had too do it just baffles me how they do things at Seadoo. Just make sure you call Riva and get the metal washers and that will clear up the biggest problem. The rest you just have to hope you got a good one. My buddy has an RXP and has never had any thing go bad with it. I did the supercharger and ware ring from Riva and he has had it 2.5 seasons now.

Now one thing I can say that is bad for all brands that we have seen, 4 strokes. Just like with outboards now that they are "trouble free 4 strokes" more people buy them. We all know and see people that don't belong on the water. I think that is where Seadoo gets hosed, their motor is in boats only whereas Yam. Kaw. use motors that they have in bikes and other stuff. The Honda is well a Honda, good at everything but not the best at any.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 2007 Seadoo RXT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.