Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Table Rock Lake questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155600-table-rock-lake-questions.html)

4mulafastech 04-09-2007 09:39 PM

Table Rock Lake questions

We are spending a week on Table Rock Lake end of June. Are there any coves people like to hang out? Now I know there is nothing like the party cove at LOTO, just wondering if there are any so-called 'hot spots' (or maybe luke warm...) Also, any good bars or restaurants that you can motor up to by boat. I just got a detailed lake map (for fishing) but it doesn't highlight the bar scene (go figure!). Thanks!

flash_e 04-09-2007 09:52 PM

I have only been to the lake once but we went to their "part cove" and if I remember right it was around the 45 or so mile marker. I remember we went around the point of the mile marker and it was about 1-2 miles back. I am sure someone will chime in and give better directions.

BigSilverCat 04-10-2007 12:42 AM

the swing is what he is talking about, dont remember the mile marker but will look in a few weeks. there are a couple bars you can boat too, one is called the bearded clam, the other is right before you get to bearded clam. they are both in kimberling city. we have a big party pad on our dock, when it gets close to the time you are going down there give me a call. our place is by big cedar lodge. you need to go to the worman house resturant at big cedar for sunday brunch.

midmo 04-10-2007 09:27 AM

We are down every weekend. The swing is real popular by the end of june. Also several on the water spots to eat they are just very scattered out. Wher are you staying. We are real close to the dam at Indian Point.

JohnnyMarshall 04-10-2007 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech (Post 2087586)
We are spending a week on Table Rock Lake end of June. Are there any coves people like to hang out? Now I know there is nothing like the party cove at LOTO, just wondering if there are any so-called 'hot spots' (or maybe luke warm...) Also, any good bars or restaurants that you can motor up to by boat. I just got a detailed lake map (for fishing) but it doesn't highlight the bar scene (go figure!). Thanks!

Ahoys at Kimberling Inn right by the HWY 13 bridge and ask for VICK he is the Head Bartender and they have good bar food.:evilb: :drink: :drink: , the swing is at Point 10. Watch out for low points and Submerged islands. Stop by Big Cedar and catch the shuttle up to the Pool and have lunch.

REBEL4845 04-10-2007 11:14 AM

I just got back from there from a spring break vacation. The lake is absolutely beautiful. We stayed at a cabin around Kimberling city. I did not take my boat, but got a ride on a pontoon to see some of the lake. Some of the houses built around that area are amazing. There is a glass house that looks like a office complex in a major city on a cliff. They did sell nice laminated maps with mile marker and good spots to go on the lake for 6$ in town. Have fun!! Danny

Bill 3 04-10-2007 11:55 AM

Where is tblrklakemo? Afterall with his screen name one would think he would be "in the know":D . I think I am getting too old, but from my point of view, the swing has become too much of a "careless kid" and cop hangout. I planning on giving it another try this year though. You might also try and venture to the very back of cow creek. Also seems that there are several "cliff" areas that people hang out in but in smaller numbers. The back of what I refer to as "naked cove" is popular sometimes if there are enough boats tied up to block the people that think wake boarding through a bunch of boats is cool. It is a big cove just up stream from the big glass house.

Boy, looking at my post, I need to chill out a little I think. Come on - summer!:drink: Table Rock Lake is beautiful with great water, you will love it.

gsmith9898 04-10-2007 02:11 PM

Beautiful lake. I stay there the last week in july every year. I stay at a place called lone pine resort. Its about 2 miles from the big glass house. Leave the boat in the dock for seven days and it will have no ring on it. You can read the prop part number looking down from the dock. The only three places I have seen is the swings that big yellow cat was talking about, the cliffs down by the dam and than the small cove at cow creek had some people in it last year. Ahoys and the bearded clam are good places to drink but they are a STEEP walk up the hill. Have fun.

BDiggity 04-10-2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bill 3 (Post 2088037)
Where is tblrklakemo? Afterall with his screen name one would think he would be "in the know":D . I think I am getting too old, but from my point of view, the swing has become too much of a "careless kid" and cop hangout. I planning on giving it another try this year though. You might also try and venture to the very back of cow creek. Also seems that there are several "cliff" areas that people hang out in but in smaller numbers. The back of what I refer to as "naked cove" is popular sometimes if there are enough boats tied up to block the people that think wake boarding through a bunch of boats is cool. It is a big cove just up stream from the big glass house.

Boy, looking at my post, I need to chill out a little I think. Come on - summer!:drink: Table Rock Lake is beautiful with great water, you will love it.

Where is Nekkid cove?? We normally hang out at the swings & cow creek. Our place is up at the top of the hill on point 7, south of the KC bridge.

4mulafastech 04-10-2007 09:56 PM

Thanks for all the replies! We are staying at a place called Vickery Resort in a cove just south of Table Rock Marina around mile marker 3. We'll be there from June 23-30. It is around 7 miles north of Big Cedar. Vickery Resort looks nice on their website and they have 10X30 covered slips.

So... looks like I am accumlating a good list of "to-do's"... we have the Bearded Clam (like the name), Ahoys, Worman house and Pool at Big Cedar, the swing, cow creek, the cliffs, etc. According to my map point #10 is around mile marker 24, in other words 24 miles from the dam. The closest thing I see on the map is Aunts Creek Public Use Area. Is the swing in one of those coves in that arm? I found Cow Creek on the map at point #6, mile marker 9.

The clear water will be a nice change from the Mississippi River, although the river has nice sand beaches. Are there any beaches on Table Rock? Back in the early-mid 1990's we spent several weeks a summer at Norfork and Bull Shoals Lakes with our 22' Talon tunnel hull. A little more social scene and stuff for the kids at Table Rock, and with the 292 Fastech I can deal with the rougher water from the traffic. It's all beautiful country down there...

Really looking forward to this vacation!:D