Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Larger Boat/Condo-House on water? >

Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Notices

Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Opinions buy bigger boat or keep current boat and look for water front condo/house.What would some of you do?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

The water front condo/house would be a much wiser investment.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
The water front condo/house would be a much wiser investment.
My family has a lakehouse, bought it for $180K in 1998, added about $300K = $480K. Talked to a realtor who sold a house right next to us - she estimated the house at $850K - and she didn't even see the inside. In the future the lakehouse will be a great place to retire when its time. Your entire family will grow closer together and your grandkids will have somewhere to go that most kids could only dream of. I could really go on forever. The view is the most important thing when buying a lakefront house/condo.I wouldn't even have a boat if I didn't have the lakehouse. Boating is very relaxing, but it is twice as relaxing when you have a lakehouse. Partying all night, waking up with your boat already in the water, then partying all day on the boat. You can get toasted and make the wife drive home. Don't have to worry about putting it on the trailer, just dock it and forget about it until the next day. If you don't feel like doing anything you can just sit your azz in a lawnchair with some binoculars and watch all the other powerboats speed by. Honestly, I don't see how some of you guys get a full day out of boating, only to put the boat on the trailer or slip and drive home. I am usually dead beat when I get off the boat, maybe its the TX heat that does it to me. I have a hard enough time at the end of the day just trying to carry the empty cooler, much less loading a boat on a trailer and getting on the road. I have also seen a lot of people with slip condo's - they look like fun, but they usually don't have a view, and they are not a good investment.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

I'd take waterfront property and a smaller boat any day over just having a bigger boat.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Its in my opinion hard due to the fact that I am looking at the big picture for me not just on investment but on use...Northren Chessy Bay Md.(5 months good weather) Daughters 3&5,Use of Condo/house, maintance,And back to investment side things are leveling out here.I'm in excavation(Main Line,West Chester,Exton areas of Pa.) and see things slowing up and going in the direction of Home inprovments ie. Addtions,landscaping,pools,driveways..So it just makes me really think hard.Unless someone can shed some insight on realastate in the area I'm thinking of.Or bigger boat more amenities stay versital.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

A lakehouse will provide fun and relaxation year around. You will find other things besides boating. It is hard to find good contractors to work on the lakehouse becuase you are kind of out in the middle of no-where (or atleast for me). Even worse - the people that do work out there take twice as long to do everything because they just want to enjoy the lake and your house. So when a contractor bought a lakehouse nearby - we had plenty of stuff for him to do, and so did everyone else. I'm not saying....... I'm just saying - you might get some more jobs.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

It sure is tuff getting older.........10 yrs ago I would just say piss on it no questions asked and snap to getting a bigger boat but now.Kids,family,fuel,ins,investment/return/right off/?...Hell I need to get another glass of burbon and think...
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

get the water front and enjoy it the rest of your life.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 287 Likes on 106 Posts

used to live on waterfront ,was nice ,back then i was more into fishing saltwater , heck by 6 pm i was fishing and getting baked while other's were still driving home.....

had a pet pelican too...
Attached Thumbnails Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?-ttt.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

Lets post some pics and get this guy fired up

This is a cove out behind my house we like to go
Attached Thumbnails Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?-backcove-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.