Notices

Trip to Tyler Crockett's

Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wigginout
Tyler is a great guy.Don't see him as much since our friend Curt passed away, unless I show up for some races. He would come to Cola town to party and always took care of Curt's boat. Some of the best built and most reliable motors built on the market.
Ken I may make it down to Lake Murrey sometime this summer I may have to do a little Efi tuning for the Boat Doctor.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Serve any cake at your shop?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Ian you going to dyno those bad boys or are you just trying to take my spot as Tylers buddy ?? If I wasn't working 2 jobs and still running my shop I'd like to drop in there more but I do plan on dynoing there in a few months ,Smitty
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Registered

Smitty, usual problem, I won't have them together until just before the Leopa spring poker run. If I can get them done a little early, I'll have them dyno'd. Tyler hooked me up with his crank grinder. The guy was able to grind the radiuses without touching the journals. The radiuses were so big on my cranks that they were touching the bearings. So much for high quality Crower cranks. Maybe now I can get a handle on my high oil temps. And while the engines are apart, they got bored again and got higer compression pistons..........
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

It's not uncommon to find radius in some crankshaft bigger than .125. I fixture the bearings and re-chamfer them. The bigger the radius the stronger the crank fillet will be. Crower builds an excellent product and we have been using them since 1956! How's my buddy Davey Crockett? Tell him I said hello!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont even think about getting those things near the boat with out dynoing thats like marrying a girl with out you now what seriously do it my 3 cents worth saves a lot of head aches jim
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
J.C. sent Tyler a love note.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Mr. HP, Crower says in their literature that they're .125. I really don't want to have to deal with chamfering the bearings. Shouldn't they be pretty strong with a .125 radius?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Dont even think about getting those things near the boat with out dynoing thats like marrying a girl with out you now what seriously do it my 3 cents worth saves a lot of head aches jim

Good way to find oil leaks before they're in your bilge too!

Matt
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
Ken I may make it down to Lake Murrey sometime this summer I may have to do a little Efi tuning for the Boat Doctor.
Can't wait Tyler. Curt's boat is still going strong. Third owner I think. Any chance you going to Havasu for Desert Storm? Looking forward to having a drink but it won't be a wolf pus?/y.

Quick Reply: Trip to Tyler Crockett's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.