Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Someone needs to save this Apache >

Someone needs to save this Apache

Notices

Someone needs to save this Apache

Old 04-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camarillo Brillo !!! I forgot that one, ya that would work There is some from Joes Garage that would work also. I gotta say that Thing Fish is probly one of my all time favorates. I would think this would have to continue in the UC section-----OK back to Apaches
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Great little river rockets I would love to have one. If its that close go ck it out and let us know what you think. I don't think they would be much good in any kind of rough stuff or were ever intended for it. But could be a ball on small lakes and rivers. just a classie little go fast
You would be very impressed with the ride in the chop! This 21 is for sale also.
Attached Thumbnails Someone needs to save this Apache-22-apache-123.jpg  

Last edited by Ike; 04-15-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey KOTB, Is it yours again? Philly Benedict's this mornin
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ike
You would be very impressed with the ride in the chop! This 21 is for sale also.
is that one yours???could you give me some more info please???
Old 04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

I've been kicking around the idea of one of these little Apaches all weekend. Then my neighbor calls with the find of another 13' Funcat that is in bad shape. I think that this will be project 2 for this year, I want to split the boat down the center and make it wider to see if I can get more stability and speed out of it. Will also change the tunnel geometry a little to really pack the air.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I've been kicking around the idea of one of these little Apaches all weekend. Then my neighbor calls with the find of another 13' Funcat that is in bad shape. I think that this will be project 2 for this year, I want to split the boat down the center and make it wider to see if I can get more stability and speed out of it. Will also change the tunnel geometry a little to really pack the air.
I had one of those and tried to get to run better by moving weights around and different enginge settings/props ect ect and could never get it stop reaching for the sky when you started out or to keep it from walking or squirming around at speeds. I wanted to try to do the split the haul thing and add some more haul to it but it seemed like to much work for what I would have in the end so I just sold it. Let us know if you do it I would like to know if it works
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I had one of those and tried to get to run better by moving weights around and different enginge settings/props ect ect and could never get it stop reaching for the sky when you started out or to keep it from walking or squirming around at speeds. I wanted to try to do the split the haul thing and add some more haul to it but it seemed like to much work for what I would have in the end so I just sold it. Let us know if you do it I would like to know if it works
Here's what I've already done to the first one http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1 The little Stinger makes over 100hp, we hope, will be off the dyno in a few weeks. When I got the boat the fuel tank was up front which helped get it on plane but as you ran the gas down it would mess the balance. I put the battery up front and the fuel right behind the back seats. I also added wedges to get more negative trim out of the motor, when I took these pics I hadn't I didn't have them in, but the wedges are between the motor and the jack plate.
I'm not looking for all out speed since this is really supposed to be my son's (he's 11) boat. He had asked for a mini-version of the race boat. Going to have a 5 blade cleaver made for it once we get it all dialed in. This is definitely a "bugs in teeth" boat, when I run it I can't stop laughing, its such a blast to drive.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
is that one yours???could you give me some more info please???
George it's a 1990 21ft Bob Saccenti built apache with a 93 mercury 2.5L efi offshore, full lathem steering, stainless marine standoff box, hydraulic jackplate and trim, 280 k planes, rigged like the big apaches, i have never seen a 21 rigged like this one. Engine needs a sleeve and a piston but everything else is in great shape. $11,500