Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's Gonna Be A Long Year Guys!!! >

It's Gonna Be A Long Year Guys!!!

Notices

It's Gonna Be A Long Year Guys!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

wow!.....what a story!!......keep diggin' bro.......you'll have that thing up and running soon and it WILL be a sweet day!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I'm diggin bro....Trying to dig up some buried treasure for all my upgrades!!! Thanks man
Old 04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Id be absolutley devestated if some effing storm destroyed everything I owned......Id lose it......I dont know how you guys do it.....I'll take a little snow anyday
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

After partying at the Jazz Fest all day yesterday I didn't really feel like doing much today but I made myself get to work early this morning and I first tackled the drive. It was a PITA to get out by myself but after a bit of cursing and throwing tools I finally succeeded. My first thought was it really looked bad but after I cleaned away the corrosion and grease it didn't look all that bad. I guess anyone can tell me if I'm wrong by looking at the pics. I took off the swin platform as well as the rubrail all the way around. I then emptied the fuel tank so I can pull it and have it flushed and cleaned. Then I decided to pretty much strip the inside bare. I have a few ideas of a custom redesign. I am going for a theater look in the cuddy as opposed to the 2 seats and a bed that was in it before. I am going to put in two 15" lcd screens on the wall seperating the cuddy and the cockpit. I am going to make a horseshoe seating area for entertainment purposes, maybe a mini stripper pole!!!! I guess what I am really trying to do it bring the overall weight down a few pounds. Does anybody know if this will affect the ride and/or stability??? When I am done this is going to be a totally customized Outlaw. I know I could prob. get a newer boat for the money I am putting into this one but I say I want to design it my way and not the way the generic OEM way. I must say I got one hell of a sunburn as well !!!! More later....

Last edited by CAPTAIN CHUCK; 07-11-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Last edited by CAPTAIN CHUCK; 07-11-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Capt:
Before you rebuild that cabin check the frame and stringer system with a moisture meter to make certain they do not have any trapped moisture. When you are finished with this project you will be so attached to this boat, you'll never part with it!
The photos of the drive and outer transom plate may not be as bad as they look. Flush all that salt away with fresh water and spray heavily with WD-40 or CRC. A wire brush could become a great friend.
You'll find that replacing any wood in the upholstery with Starboard, or similar product, will be a good thing.
I wish you the very best of luck with this and I am always available to you. (954) 895-4633.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Thanks for your advice and kind words good sir....I think I am already to attached to it a bit to much, if you ask my girlfriend I am pretty sure the stringers and the frame are still sealed up tight but I will definately check it out just to be certain. I am heading out now to have the OEM 454mag pulled and next it's paint prep time....WOOO HOOO!!!!
Thanks again bro.

Chuck

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Capt:
Before you rebuild that cabin check the frame and stringer system with a moisture meter to make certain they do not have any trapped moisture. When you are finished with this project you will be so attached to this boat, you'll never part with it!
The photos of the drive and outer transom plate may not be as bad as they look. Flush all that salt away with fresh water and spray heavily with WD-40 or CRC. A wire brush could become a great friend.
You'll find that replacing any wood in the upholstery with Starboard, or similar product, will be a good thing.
I wish you the very best of luck with this and I am always available to you. (954) 895-4633.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered

THE ENGINE IS OUT!!!! My buddy has a bobcat machine and we pulled the 454 in about 10 mins. Now it's time for cleaning and prepping for paint.......
Old 04-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

What a mess......Engine out and the bilge is horrendous !!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take it all out and start over. The harness is available from Mercuiser for under $300.00. It's not worth trying to do it any other way. You'll be much happier with the finished product.

Quick Reply: It's Gonna Be A Long Year Guys!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.