If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered VIP Member

New boat pricing?

Ok, I have to ask this because I am starting to shop for a new boat and I need to know a few things. A friend of mine was shopping for a new boat and narrowed his search down to Crownline & Sea Ray. So he started negotiating with the dealers. He had both Sea Ray and Crownline negotiated down about 40% from the prices that were posted on each of the manufacturers websites(MSRP?). Ok so here is my question. Is it like this for say: formula, fountain, sunsation, or any of the other go fast manufacturers out there. To finish the story he bought a 27' Crownline at a 40% discount of what I would guess to be MSRP. Just lookin for some feedback chime in or pm me if you have bought recently I am not sure if the go fast market is the same?

VIP Member VIP Member
    I have always said 30%, but 40 is better.

st. louis,mo.
    depends on the line, but typically performance boats can be bought at 20-25% off retail, most dealers will make 12-17%gp on new boats which is a good deal considering the overhead and carry costs, sometimes you can catch a dealer trying to dump a old model , a low seller, or needing to turn inventory for new stuff, good luck

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    I don't think you can get that kind of cut off a more popular boat boat brand/model. Formula has a financing program right now that is just phenominal and can not be beat by anybody in the industry.

Good luck.

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA
    Years ago boat dealer typically bought boats at 40% off MSRP. Asuming that is still the case your friend bought AT dealer cost. I have heard some manufacturers are now reducing the discount to 30% but none of this has been confirmed/denied by any of the dealers I know.

30% of normal for the style of boat your friend bought. When it comes to Performance boats and/or Performance's open season. Some will negotiate better prices some will not. It depends on the boat dealer. If they are moving alot of stock....they negotiate. If they are not moving stock, the negotiations are real hard to do.

Registered Platinum Member
    On the Formulas even if you could pay cash you would be stupid to. They're program can save you money by fianacing.