Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   nortech, skater, mti, spectre, eliminator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155867-nortech-skater-mti-spectre-eliminator.html)

allfiredup 04-17-2007 03:52 PM

Call Tres he has a 44 MTI pleasure that he told me the owner is looking to move pretty cheap (for an MTI).

44MTI 04-17-2007 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by dbhammer (Post 2095319)
gently used, better bang for your buck. probably 300-350k. Great Lakes boating. Kids under 10yrs old right now. Need the cabin, mainly for storage.

leaning towards nortech 36.

The Nortec is going to be a nice sitdown boat and should be well with in you price range. It does have a minimal cabin and 5 seat cockpit.
Skater builds a 36 with a small cabin and a 5 place sitdown cockpit, there aren't a lot of them and I don't think the market is very strong do to them not having a windshield or canapy.This is in you favor price wise.
The only MTI in you price range with a cabin, is going to be a 42 or 44 pleasure version. ie: Rare Breed. It is a very large stand up boat with alot of freeboard. Cockpit seats 8-9. The cabin is also going to be ALOT bigger with easier access. It is a stand up boat and doesn't have a windshield.You should also be able to find a couple of these in you price range. Rare Breed is a little more money but also one of the Nicest Pieces your going to find with more ameneites than any of the others.
So. It all depends on what you want, A sitdown boat or a standup, A large cockpit and cuddy or something a little more racey with minimal cuddy and cockpit.
Good luck, I am sure you will happy with what ever you end up with.

LubeJobs42 04-17-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by bjlesl (Post 2096836)
Call Tres he has a 44 MTI pleasure that he told me the owner is looking to move pretty cheap (for an MTI).

My buddy called today. It was far from cheap.

Buddy OO 04-17-2007 07:42 PM

the 2004 44 mti Tres has with myco trailer, bpm's and 900's is a sweet boat if you want a nice cabin, and it can be bought under 400k. Rare Breed is another sweet boat, no boat is better maintained period.

Tres 04-18-2007 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2097062)
My buddy called today. It was far from cheap.

Who did he call? Not me. This boat is still brand new. Its been inside all its life.Still smells new.Motors are fresh too! What is far from cheap? word.

allfiredup 04-18-2007 07:47 AM

I,m trying to help you Tres. I think the price you told me was very cheap for a MTI. But cheap & MTI goes together like cheap & Outerlimits.

Tres 04-18-2007 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tres (Post 2097514)
Who did he call? Not me. This boat is still brand new. Its been inside all its life.Still smells new.Motors are fresh too! What is far from cheap? word.

Not one person called here! on Tuesday. Some people like to tell stories.:mad:

Mac 04-18-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2095476)
Now only if we knew a salesman who could help this guy out... :drink:

Amen brother! Come on Frankie help me out!!!

Mac 04-18-2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI (Post 2096861)
The Nortec is going to be a nice sitdown boat and should be well with in you price range. It does have a minimal cabin and 5 seat cockpit.
Skater builds a 36 with a small cabin and a 5 place sitdown cockpit, there aren't a lot of them and I don't think the market is very strong do to them not having a windshield or canapy.This is in you favor price wise.
The only MTI in you price range with a cabin, is going to be a 42 or 44 pleasure version. ie: Rare Breed. It is a very large stand up boat with alot of freeboard. Cockpit seats 8-9. The cabin is also going to be ALOT bigger with easier access. It is a stand up boat and doesn't have a windshield.You should also be able to find a couple of these in you price range. Rare Breed is a little more money but also one of the Nicest Pieces your going to find with more ameneites than any of the others.
So. It all depends on what you want, A sitdown boat or a standup, A large cockpit and cuddy or something a little more racey with minimal cuddy and cockpit.
Good luck, I am sure you will happy with what ever you end up with.

Thanks for the promo Mikey, 1 clarification, I have always drove Rare Breed sitting down, it can be drove either way! OH YEAL i am in the mood to DEAL!!

drypipetiger 04-18-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tres (Post 2097544)
Not one person called here! on Tuesday. Some people like to tell stories.:mad:

I didn't think for an MTI the price was bad and questioned why someone would say it's "far from cheap". Unless they're trying to move an MTI?