Notices

Lake Havasu

Old 04-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lake Havasu

Heading to Havasu this week for vacation, any suggestions on what to see and do? Live in Cincinnati where it is raining/snowing so weather is primary reason for visit.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be just in time for Desert Storm Poker Run...
Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts

Desert Storm is the weekend of April 27th so I think you're going to missi it by one week...Which is too bad

However, Havasu is always a good time. It's priming up right now so it's a good time to visit. Weather should be in the high 80's/low 90's, water will still be chilly but not too bad. I assume you have a Nordic, you can visit the factory and Eliminator factory. You may want to "visit" the Naked Turtle Bar at the Nautical. Nice place to sit back, watch the boats and other sites and sip a few cocktails.

I would highly suggest renting a pontoon boat and cruising the lake. There's lots more to see on the lake than there is on land. Copper Canyon, Steamboat cove, the channel, all an easy run in a pontoon boat from the main marina.

View this thread for some pics.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=152010

Have fun man. If you can change your plans to april 27th, it'd be worth it....Going to be a LOOOOOT of big boats from all over the country that weekend.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your new Nordic ready for delivery ?

Sounds like a real nice piece
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Desert Storm is the weekend of April 27th so I think you're going to missi it by one week...Which is too bad

However, Havasu is always a good time. It's priming up right now so it's a good time to visit. Weather should be in the high 80's/low 90's, water will still be chilly but not too bad. I assume you have a Nordic, you can visit the factory and Eliminator factory. You may want to "visit" the Naked Turtle Bar at the Nautical. Nice place to sit back, watch the boats and other sites and sip a few cocktails.

I would highly suggest renting a pontoon boat and cruising the lake. There's lots more to see on the lake than there is on land. Copper Canyon, Steamboat cove, the channel, all an easy run in a pontoon boat from the main marina.

View this thread for some pics.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=152010

Have fun man. If you can change your plans to april 27th, it'd be worth it....Going to be a LOOOOOT of big boats from all over the country that weekend.

Thanx man, I lived in SoCal until 1993, got transferred to Cincinnati. Kept my boat at Hav-a-storage and boated on Havasu for years but heard the lake and city has change a lot since then.

I'm taking delivery of a new 35 Nordic and decided to stay for the week. Desert Storm sounded great, however, didn't want to deal with the crowd.

Thanx again for the info, looking forward to seeing the sun!

NG