Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Amazing how stupid people can be. >

Amazing how stupid people can be.

Notices

Amazing how stupid people can be.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to take away from the safety issue called out in the pics ( which I agree is not good practice ) but......that boat is very very stable at speed......I was there when those shots were taken. It rides like a Rolls Royce at speed through messy waters. As a side note we are selling that boat for the factory and have a killer deal on it.....call us if anyone is interested

631-724-8707
Old 04-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Besides its their life, if they want to live on the edge let them do it. Who the hell are we to judge?
Agreed, if they act like that and fall off, I could care less. However the flip side is what most here care about, it's the perception of these boats by the public, insurance companies, and gov't. They are already legislating speed limits and noise restrictions, bad press by accidents do nothing but exacerbate the issue. Not to mention insurance rates are high enough. What's the actual likelyhood of these people falling off of a large boat in a dinky lake...not much. But then accidents happen when they're not expected. And the last point is that we should expect more from a magazine that represents and promotes the sport, I'm sure they'll be the first ones to b!tch when noise and speed regulations hit Lake Havasu.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Agreed, if they act like that and fall off, I could care less. However the flip side is what most here care about, it's the perception of these boats by the public, insurance companies, and gov't. They are already legislating speed limits and noise restrictions, bad press by accidents do nothing but exacerbate the issue. Not to mention insurance rates are high enough. What's the actual likelyhood of these people falling off of a large boat in a dinky lake...not much. But then accidents happen when they're not expected. And the last point is that we should expect more from a magazine that represents and promotes the sport, I'm sure they'll be the first ones to b!tch when noise and speed regulations hit Lake Havasu.

YUP I agree.....not to bash HAVASU...the place rocks......you see that often out there ...............
Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I know... I know.... but hell its a 42ft boat - might as well be a yacht. I am all gung ho on safety and I always wear my lifejacket, but I drive a fast 24ft boat on a lake. I would think that a 42ft boat on LAKE Havasu would be safe enough to do that kind of stuff at a REASONABLE speed, or else they wouldn't of done it. Besides its their life, if they want to live on the edge let them do it. Who the hell are we to judge? I can tell you that them riding on the back of that 42 Nordic with no lifejackets looks a lot safer than me haulin azz in a 24ft boat with a lifejacket - Just my .02.

Thanks for the Magazine recommendations, and sorry to hijack the thread - but the subject has been worn out pretty good already.

I ve rode back there at a resonable speeds before.

There's alot of stuff we do in everyday life that could get us hurt fastter than this.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

hot boats sucked for a while, its seems like the Reggie show there constantly,other than than that its always full of bow rider deck boats that cost 120k that i never see on the water at least in fl, this month they didnt have the outboard tech section thats always fun to read although usally the same questions being asked. and the reader rides seems to have gone totally flat bottom jet boats, as if these are a constant occurance on any lake or elsewhere... the only reason i still subscribe is the new tech section and shop tours and i wonder when the last time they had a new advertiser with something different, it seems its been the same ads for 10 years
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Hot Boat just doesn't do it for me anymore. Even though they had pics. of my boat at the Miami show in the latest issue. Mid cabin bowriders don't interest me and the women in the UC section here look better than there models.
I have a MCOB and I am tired of the magazine! They also have stopped featuring Sunsations(probably since they are from Michigan, not west coast) and they make the best MCOB available today. Some of those west coast boats look like they were done with a sawzall after a 12 pack!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Family & Performance Boating is a really good magazine also, Powerboat is always a good choice
Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I let both my Hot Boat and Powerboat subscriptions run out after at years and years,both have become lame and all Powerboat features are high dollar west coast lake boats with Ilmor V-10 or anything with the name teague on it. GRRR
Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy

What's the likelihood, ask Panther about one of our New York fun runs going through the East River. It was flat as glass so everyone was running balls out, at the time 70 - 80 was balls out. One of the boats (35 Sonic) hit a wake and launched. Of the 3 in the boat, the lucky one was ejected (he was lucky because the 28 Skater behind him had an experienced race driver that was able to avoid running him over), the driver suffered a broken back (multiple breaks) and the passenger broke a few teeth when is face found the dash. Wasn't a pretty site. For hot boat mag, unless the lake was closed to all other traffic this was stupid. It was also stupid cause the average reader of the mag is thinking "This is cool, lets do it tomorrow." Poor judgement on the part of the Mag. I don't subscribe to them anymore, I did drop my PokerRuns mag long og for this very reason.

I'm appauld at the responses especially in light of all the posts we see here when someone loses their life in a boating "accident". How soon we forget
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Without getting too analytical:

No. 1) It was stupid.

No. 2) It's against the law here in AZ.