Notices

$6K 496 HO build up

Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dana Exhaust & Prop and ya might want to consider full hydraulic steering if your boat is not already equipped. Raylar next year. That is the route I think I am going on my ride, already bought the Dana Exhaust

Undertaker
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Undertaker
Dana Exhaust & Prop and ya might want to consider full hydraulic steering if your boat is not already equipped. Raylar next year. That is the route I think I am going on my ride, already bought the Dana Exhaust

Undertaker

Yours will be done soon.. Think spring.. Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Undertaker

Undertaker

That is one reason I bought a fountain.....come std with full hydro steering and K-planes. As with any boat, I want more power and speed.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DONZI33
I am installing the Dana exhaust on my own boat this year along with a few other small items. The bigger engine stuff is going to be for next winter.. And that is looking to be the Raylar pack..

Jamie / Lakeside

I'm thinking the same thing. Have you heard anything on the backorder status from Dana?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last my rep there told me it was about a 40-60 day wait from when ordered now.. They also should be filling more of the current backorders in the mean time over the next few weeks.. That was as of last week, however I dont know if anything has changed since that discussion..

Btw: They do seem to be put together nicely. I am installing some currently including another set for my own boat.. I will post some pics as here & there when I get some time.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 04-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
What's wrong, does going fast give you a headache.
I guess prochargers are just plain ol evil, ,Smitty
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

I don't believe Procharger has as good a kit as Whipple. The computer maping is the week part of Procharger.

Only from what I have read and resurched.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

I dont think you have to map anything on the 3.5 or 5 psi kit from Procahrger. Only bad thing about putting a kit on a 04-07 496 is that there not procharger friendly, something about them changing piston design and clean air programming.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Registered

An updated status for 496 exhaust kits, we have a batch that will be shipping within 2 weeks. The batch is very sizable, but they are all spoken for. We have a 2nd batch to be delivered roughly 2-3 weeks behind that. There will be remaining inventory out of the 2nd batch. (as of right now).

Anyone who is on the fence about making a DMP exhaust purchase my advice would be to get your name on our list. There's no financial obligation. But it will secure a place in line. We would simply call you when your system is ready, if you want to continue the transaction, we would then collect a form of payment. If you change your mind and do not want to make the purchase, it's no problem.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

DMP,Is there a way I can get my PCM mount modified without any down time. Do you guys have any laying around that you could ship with some manifolds and I will exchange you mine when I get it?

Quick Reply: $6K 496 HO build up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.