Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Hustler Windscreen Broke (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/156065-my-hustler-windscreen-broke.html)

Jassman 04-17-2007 06:08 PM

Strip, he was unable to make a new windscreen for ya.:(

mtm 04-17-2007 08:27 PM

Hey Rob whats up? try Vermont plastic 1800 639 2043
They do some of the outerlimits and may do hustlers too

wrinkleface 04-17-2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2096397)
The prob is got have a toilet in it for the girls:evilb:

Rob, U don't need no stink'n Pizzer, water all around dude!!!!!:p

GLH 04-18-2007 09:10 AM

Your suppose to bang them in the cabin not on top of the deck... :drink:

Strip Poker 388 04-18-2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by mtm (Post 2097142)
Hey Rob whats up? try Vermont plastic 1800 639 2043
They do some of the outerlimits and may do hustlers too

I called them they didnt have a mold for the Hustler. He would have to get to see if he could make it.

I just shipped it off to Carlos with AcryliCo ,he said he can make one from my old,make it axactly like my old one.He said he would make a mold from it and have it ready around the 27th. Thats pretty fast.:drink:

Thanks guys,Rob:D

Strip Poker 388 04-18-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2097637)
Your suppose to bang them in the cabin not on top of the deck... :drink:

and rear engine hatch, back seat,over engine when shes polishing the blowers,trailer fenders, :rolleyes: :drink:

Actually it was prob a drunk buddy pulling on it climbing over it getting to the deck:eek:

Strip Poker 388 04-19-2007 09:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the hole that the riv nut pulled out , the riv nut wasn't even spread out, the plastic inserts feel like there a plastic not rubber.

[email protected] 04-20-2007 08:10 PM

those things dont look to have much flex appeal. seems as though something should give a little. There must be a lot of pressure on that thing at speed. Mabe you should try well nuts to remount the new one. can you up grade to lexan it was originally designed for NASA?

Strip Poker 388 04-23-2007 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2100916)
those things dont look to have much flex appeal. seems as though something should give a little. There must be a lot of pressure on that thing at speed. Mabe you should try well nuts to remount the new one. can you up grade to lexan it was originally designed for NASA?

They say it worth about 1 mph ,so I bet it does have some presure on it.Lexan they say was 3 times the price and doesent hold up as good in the sun?

AcryliCo 04-24-2007 06:47 AM

Lexan

Lexan (polycarbonate) is more impact resistant than acrylic. However, it scratches easier and is hydroscopic (absorbs humidity from the air and goes yellow like 80's car headlights) To make up for this it has to be hardcoated which is the application of a very hard film on the part. We do hardcoating and it ain't easy, that's why it gets kind of pricey.
Although polycarbonate is used in high speed canopy boats for safety, the optics are not that good due to the sheet being extruded, the tint selection is pretty restricted as is the thickness.
Guess there is an application for everything!