How many mile can you drive a day >

How many mile can you drive a day

Notices

How many mile can you drive a day

Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not the number of miles I can drive in a day, but how many hours I spend in the saddle.
About all I can spend behind the wheel is 10-12 hours. And that's with a short break every 2-3 hours.

When we drive from Orlando Fl. to Toms River N.J. we usually stop at the 12 hour mark and spend the night. We have driven straight through but that was with three drivers. Driving time was about 21-22 hours.

Good luck and have a safe trip.
Don't push yourself. That's how accidents happen.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have driven Wisconsin to the Florida Keys (1650mi) more times than I can remember. I have driven straight thru a number of times but now drive about 1000 miles the first day. I will leave at 6am and drive until midnight trying to average 60 mph including stops. I would pick cities to get thru late at night when traffic is light so you won't have to deal with it the next day. Leaving Wisconsin I try to get thru Atlanta and when leaving Florida I try to get thru Nashville. Audio books are a big plus to make the trip shorter, you can buy/rent them at any Cracker Barrel restaurant and return them at another location.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's all up to you man. When I was younger, I did Daytona to North Jersey about a dozen times (1100 miles). I used to to it in one shot, 18-20 hours depending on time of day and traffic. I loved driving at night, when there's no one on the roads. Now-a-days, I don't know if I could do that anymore. 8 to 10 hours at a time is about all I can take anymore.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

You can easily do 1000 miles in one day.

But, can you do 2000 miles in two days? I say "no".

Get a friend (I get my 21yo son) to go with you and help drive.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

Is this a trick question?Like Cigdaze said,all up to u...as far as the time , mapquest will tell u how many hours...I just delivered a boat to Louisiana(1500 miles,EACH WAY!)left on a thursday night,got back saturday night so we could be home for easter for the lil guy...yeah, 3000 miles,48 hours(where's the bad a$$ icon?)Slept twice for 1 hour on an off ramp...JUST DO IT!!!It only hurts for a lil while BTW-when we got there we had a nice dinner and sea-trialed the boat for the new owner's.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip. I'd love to see the west from the ground. Take it slow and enjoy the sights.
Personally I like driving at night, at least where it's congested. I bet it will be a nice ride once you get past PA into Ohio.

What toy are ya bringing back?

Picked up a 1959 Anthony resto project. The trailer is in great shape. The plan is (was) to rent a Trailblazer and tow it back. Problem is I hate driving!!!

Anyone know what it would cost to have someone pull this home for me? Don't need a big rig, thing only wieghs 500lbs. Gotta bring back a spare outboard with it but can't put it in the boat because the core has been removed from the floor.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

As other have mentioned it all depends on you....personaly i have done more then a few trips i would now consider stupid looking back. A few of my friends have nick named me cyborg cause they dont understand how i could have made a few of them one trip i did, i went out from Just north of chicago......drove out to NY pickup a 30' scarab hull project....and drove right back...hauling a$$ the whole way through....pounding mountain dew and trying to figure out where the DAMN rattle was coming from the back of truck!!! Made the round trip in 23 1/2 hours door to door!! I would never do that again thats for sure!!! But ive done more then a few straight through trip from chicago to Tampa @1300miles with no problems.

Best advice i can give you, is if you now its gonna be a 20-24hour trip......leave at like 2AM....go to sleep at 9pm and wake up later..like 1am....the worst park of driving long distances is fighting to stay awake between 1-4AM when you've been awake the whole time!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Ive done toledo to sarasota bomb run style. did toledo to san diego stopping only for fuel and muchies, I was 21 then..an impossible feat today
Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Ya better get some yellow jackets

I fall asleep on the way to work,15 min ride
Yea, me too, that's why I'm thinking its a really bad idea. Now I drive 7 minutes to the train just so I can fall alseep for the 1:20 it takes to get to work.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

1000 a day, no problem.

Quick Reply: How many mile can you drive a day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.