Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks! >

Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!

Notices

Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I wouldnt have stumbled accross this thread....I tried to forget about my experience with them.

Despite my parents buying a 33 express, 37 DA, 2 F-16 jetboats, and a sea doo utopia from them in the last 10 years not to mention the referrals they have given them, it was not a pleasant experience. I got the run around alot. A different story depending on who you asked for everything.

The salesman there was awesome...It is the service guys and the finance guy that suck.

Someone said it best...Dont expect anything for a perf. boat from a dealer that specializes in large cruisers.

The GM was a full of chit *****! One excuse he tried to give me for something was that they are a public company and some they have certain rules to follow now otherwise they will have auditors up their azz...

When I told him that was complete BS because I happen to be a CPA for Ernst&Young (the firm that audits them) so I know for fact he was blowing smoke up my azz he changed his story a bit.

Fuk now I am all worked up.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

The b*stards cost me a motor a while back. Had them replace all the boots,impeller,gimbal bearing,etc. Needed a carb too. Best as I can figure they ran it off the hose adjusting the new carb. Motor was definately run hot...had very low hours.(New impleller was toast and housing was melted)

Confronted them and they offered a merc reman at their cost...LOL I pressed the issue as my engine was twice the motor. I mentioned taking them to court (BTW I was speaking with the owner) and he quickly informed me he had a fulltime lawyer to handles these issues! I am sure I cost them more in bad advertising than for them to own up and do the right thing!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got screwed to by MarineMax in Clearwater. MarineMax Clearwater sux big time also. Don't want to go in details.
Besides .. I'm getting fu''ked by some other marine related services, suppliers, and people as well.What the hell is going on with marine and boating business anyway???
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
What the hell is going on with marine and boating business anyway???
You make a good point. Shady deals/service/sales are almost across the board. Hell, 1/2 the time you can't even post about it without it getting deleted. Its gotten to the point were I feel lucky just to have a mechanic I can trust.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

>>>Quote<<<. You make a good point. Shady deals/service/sales are almost across the board. Hell, 1/2 the time you can't even post about it without it getting deleted. Its gotten to the point were I feel lucky just to have a mechanic I can trust.
In OSO add. blah .. blah.. blah..etc.. then it sais "MINT CONDITION"...
Is it??? couln't see the problems due to the packaging. Name withheld for now untill they make good, then out it goes to the public. Missing major parts, holes in headers, rust, corrosion everywhere. (OSO member and OSO advertiser is the seller.)
Just a few picks..
Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!-img_0170.jpg

Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!-img_0159.jpg

Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!-img_0158.jpg
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

I here alot of negative stuff about MM Arlington. I think people feel like there is no other option. There is an awsome go-fast guy in southwest Ft.Worth. Can do it all. Experience with Florida race team. He is kind of a secret but I think its worth mentioning. If anybody is interested I can get you the contact. Cowtown Powerboat Assoc. is putting together a network of area Go-fast related (dependable)businesses.