Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayers for my son please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/156327-prayers-my-son-please.html)

Donman 08-02-2007 01:44 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep us posted.

jb 08-02-2007 02:33 PM

Thoughts and Prayers...

JW in Texas 08-02-2007 03:18 PM

Stay strong & we are praying for you guys.

MD Anderson is an amazing facility. He is in very good hands. A buddy that I race with was down there last year & is now doing very well. I also have been going through Multiple Myeloma with my mom for the last few years. She is now in remission.

They can work miracles these days & the advancements in just the last 5 years are amazing!

cabin fever 08-02-2007 04:58 PM

Geesh, I just read through this entire thread.

I hope everything turns out for the best. I can only imagine what you must be going through. Please let us know.

thoughts, and prayers to your son, and family.

f311fr1 08-02-2007 05:56 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

Donzi38ZR 08-02-2007 06:06 PM

My family's toughts and prayers will be with your family.....

Stay strong... and please keep us updated....

berns29scarab 08-02-2007 06:13 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hoping to hear some great news ...hang in there

bmanafort 08-02-2007 07:43 PM

I dont know your situation but I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at 24. Had surgery and Iodine treatment and I am healthier than ever. I wish you luck and keep the faith.

Wobble 08-02-2007 09:52 PM

GOOD NEWS

Nick is doing very well

Nick went into surgery at 8.45 and the Doctor came out at 3.45pm. She had removed a tumor that was just under the size of a baseball and that was 40% of it's original size.

The reason for the extended time in surgery was that she found the tumor partially wrapped around the nerve that goes to his left side diaphragm muscle and had to spend a lot of time carefully removing same. She said that the nerve may be in a kind of shock and that he may have difficulty breathing.

However that was not the case and he was able to breath without assistance after a short time in recovery. They only had to remove an area about 1.5" in diameter from his left lung and some of the tissue that wraps the heart.

I am in absolute awe of modern medicine and the Doctors it produces, this lady held my sons heart and lungs in her hands today.

I can not begin to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, it was an inspiration to me and very comforting to Nick to read your posts and know that people all over the country are rooting for him.

I was also humbled to have my next door neighbour of 4 years show up at the same hospital, where his wife lost her battle with cancer to spend the day with me.

Nick was awake for about three hours and was quite lucid, he went back to sleep about 7.30. He is expected to spend 2 or 3 days in ICU and be home by next Wed or Thursday.

Isn't that incredible?

kennyo 08-02-2007 10:08 PM

I can only imagine how relieved and happy you are! Best of everything for you and your son.