Notices

Prayers for my son please

Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the first biopsy test back earlier,pending further tests they are saying that he has germ cell cancer, basically the same thing that Lance Armstrong had,it is considered one of the more treatable cancers.

At this point they need the other results so that they know more specifics and what course of treatment will be followed.

I had braced myself for the worst situation and now that it seems to be here,all we can do is focus on the future.

Nick is has adopted a very positive attitude and I can do no less.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers
Old 04-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Having a 19 year old boy studing Engineering also, I thank God for his health everything. We will continue to Pray for your Son. As his health improves please don't forget to thank God for all the good he does for all of us. Remember God is Great. He can do wonders for your Son.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark
I will add you and Nick to our prayers.
As I type this I am also sitting next to my son Nickolas's hospital bed. Nick, has many stays in the hospital in his 12 years, and most of them were planned surguries for his heart. Those planned visits are a lot easier to deal with for us as parents, because you have the time to mentaly prepare for them. This past monday we went in to wake Nick for school, and he was going thru a shunt failure, and might have asperated during the night. They air lifted him to childrens hospital in Seattle, where he is doing well. We have another surgery scheduled for monday, and hopefully we will be back home the end of next week.
I feel for both you and your son, I know from personal experience, that the not know what is hapening, or what's the dianosis, is the worst part.
On the positve end the medical technology feild has advanced greatly in the past twenty years, and there is so much more they are capable of doing.
If there is anything I can do, or you just need to talk to some one, please let me know.
I hope all goes well.

Don
Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered

hang in there! i am a lymphoma survivor with multiple tumors and such. you and your family have my prayers.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark
Your son and family will be in my prayers
Ed
Old 04-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
got the first biopsy test back earlier,pending further tests they are saying that he has germ cell cancer, basically the same thing that Lance Armstrong had,it is considered one of the more treatable cancers.

At this point they need the other results so that they know more specifics and what course of treatment will be followed.

I had braced myself for the worst situation and now that it seems to be here,all we can do is focus on the future.

Nick is has adopted a very positive attitude and I can do no less.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers
As you know Germ cell is treatable, be sure and talk to your Dr. about Sperm banking. He is a young man and will get through this but some of the treatments might hinder him being a father. Just make sure you are thinking ahead cause he has a long life in front of him. Most Germ cell is associated with testis but this may not be in your son case. Just ask.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just saw this, very sorry to hear, and you and your son, and family are in my prayers.
Glad that the preliminary test has come back with treatable results.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just a note of support. Letting you know your family and son are in our prayers.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:38 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Your boy and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay strong, and never give up searching all possibilities. One of the things we learned with Terri's Mom, the major players do not recommend any other facility because they are all competing for $. Look for yourself and make lots of calls.

Quick Reply: Prayers for my son please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.