Notices

boca bash

Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boca bash

anyone have info on the party this weekend in lake boca...we heard they were trying to do a mini regatta www.bocabash.com
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Let us know....we will be out and about Sunday

Last edited by lucky strike; 04-24-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

They sure seemed to make a lot of effort for this thing not to be a blowout. I've left both days open for it.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish it was the next weekend. We'll all be at havasu.

BOBBY YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF FILMING!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

I'm in..let me know
Old 04-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Registered

they expect a few thousand people, is that possible??
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I grew up in Boca and Lake Boca has a sandbar in the middle so if you arrive at high tide and anchor in the center you will be there for 12 hours. The channel runs around the perimeter of the lake. A few thousand people sounds like a stretch unless they think 1500 are coming by car/launch because the lake is busy without an event going on so it won't be able to handle 500 extra boats. BRPD are going to be a problem for sure. If you go make sure you have enough jackets for everyone aboard. Also the boat ramp they are showing at the north end will turn away non-Boca residents due to overcrowding. The next nearest ramp is Deerfield/Dixie Hwy or Delray/ US1 but both have long no wake rides to get to Lake Boca. Deerfield is the closer of the two and is bigger than Delray. Idle east on the Hillsboro river until the ICW then north 1 bridge (low Camino Real bridge) and you are there in Lake Boca.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

I say 1,000 people on a few hundred boats including the "non bash" regulars...man are they going to be in for a surprise
That Boca ramp is one of the best I've seen...too bad you have to buy a permit BEFORE you get there to use it ($35 non-resident); and from what I've heard they don't like being a "port" for pickup/dropoff. But maybe the party planners have arranged something with the city.
The ride from Pioneer Park isn't bad, maybe 20-25 mins. Or if conditions are good outside, launch at Alsdorf Park in Pompano and go out Hillsboro Inlet.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Boca sucks.

Just received this from the organizer:

Due to the overwhelming and incredible response to Boca Bash it has been determined that there is insufficient space and services to accomodate all prospective guests and that the event has grown so large that the City now requires a permit for the event for which there is insufficient time to obtian. Accordingly there will be no barges or regular shuttles. A normal "rafting event" is still permitted but by invitation only. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I was called by the city today, and asked to attend a meeting at the police station with city officials. As a result, they were planning on ARRESTING me on about 7 different misdemeanor counts. Bottom line they gave me the documents that they did not have several weeks ago that the city legal dept wrote to have an organized event like this which has never been done before. I am going to comply with the city as it will take a few months to do, and I promise throw a party that will be held as a city event and one of the biggest lake parties south florida has ever seen!

Everyone is still urged to come and have a "raft up party", but under the ARRESTABLE circumstances on hand, there will be no barges, shuttles, contests, or free alcohol given out. Come with friends on boats and lets still party!!!!

Sorry for any inconvience this might cause anyone, it is completely out my control. But stay tuned to the web site, cuz if we could do this in a matter of a few weeks, imagine whats going to happen in few months!

Sincerely,

Rockey
www.bocabash.com

PS: THIS IS REAL AND NOT A JOKE BY ANY MEANS I DO NOT WANT TO END UP IN JAIL FOR MY BIRTHDAY!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
asg
VIP Member
VIP Member

We stopped by on Saturday early afternoon and it was already out of control.

Quick Reply: boca bash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.