Housing bubble and boating >

Housing bubble and boating

Notices

Housing bubble and boating

Old 04-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Really? I don't see any indicators of that? Every thing I have seen and read say housing is down all around...

Its only down if you are selling. And then selling a house that you recently had bought in the last few years and bought a high price. Its a great time to buy and still not a bad time to try and sell if you have room to work in your selling price
Old 04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Marylandmark things around AZ suck with more pain on the horizon, that is why I sold out 1 year ago! But commercial construction is booming here now!!! You see commercial building after empty building with for sale signs all around town, and they are still building them like they are going out of style. I guess they think they can outlast the bad times and things will get better soon, I think it is just a pipe dream!!! Hitman
Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Really? I don't see any indicators of that? Every thing I have seen and read say housing is down all around...
Let me clarify.. you are right , housing is down all around, but only down from somewhat of an "inflated Market" just like the stock market was years back. It is unfair to say things are down or slow if you look at the 2- 3 year window. Any house that you had purchased prior to 2002, is worth much more today even in this market. I guess I am just saying that the housing market is just correcting itself a litle and it will be back to gangbusters as soon as the surplus dries up. .. and that will depend on what area of the country you live in. I believe L.A. and NYC has not lost a step. Arizona, South Florida, Carolinas, Vegas, will rebound much sooner that other areas.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

The free flow of cash is down since there are not as many Mcmillionaires with tons of home equity so that will slow down the purchase of any luxuries like boats but real estate is still selling here in FL, just not for the dollars it was 2 years ago. A guy I work for sold his house for 5.3mm in 17 days, albeit for about 1mm less than he could have gotten in 05/early 06 but it was still twice what he had in it.

The last time the RE market tanked in FL was 88/89 and it took until 96 for prices to come back to what they were. So if you sold all your dotcom stocks in 04 and bought real estate you may want to try something less risky like horse racing or the lottery for your next get rich quick scheme!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

I think the question was will the slow housing market affect the boat market?
Just like the tech stock boom suddenly a number of people had new wealth and that trickled into the boat market. Boat sales were strong. When that reversed boat sales dropped.
Now with the get rich quick in real estate game coming to a halt the same thing is happening.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a slow down will affect the new guys in the housing and boat industry . It kicked the chit out of me in 1999-2000.
But after going through that it makes us stronger .
Like housing I think it will affect the entry level boats (that depend on financing) but not so much the higher end market .
I'm almost looking forward to a little slowdown to have more time to spend boating.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=salesmanship;2105957]I think the question was will the slow housing market affect the boat market?
Just like the tech stock boom suddenly a number of people had new wealth and that trickled into the boat market. Boat sales were strong. When that reversed boat sales dropped.
Now with the get rich quick in real estate game coming to a halt the same thing is happening.[/QUOTE

]

There you have it....right from someone in the high end baoting industry
Old 04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

You can make more money in bad times than good.
It's all about being prepared. There's going to be a lot of
things out there to be bought for little money, sit on it
and in the next upturn .......cash in.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Stock Market 13,000

Times are changing.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

Talking housing slowdown

I agree we are in a maket correction right now.If you can ride out the low the high will eventually come back.Now is the time to be cash strong,there are deals all over.

There's a saying down here,pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

If you think you can slap a fat price tag on something and flip it good luck! Reality check is coming.

The boat market still looks strong,used market blows!

Stock market never appealed to me ,the housing market and construction has been leading the country for ever,so who cares if it breaks 13,000. My 2cents

Quick Reply: Housing bubble and boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.