Notices

Trent Severn

Old 12-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trent Severn

I am thinking about taking the Cig through the Trnt Severn next year for a Vacation
Has anybody done it?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

Default Re: Trent Severn

e-mail me.

Done most of it and can tell you where to and where not to go.

[email protected]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its my home waters.Done it several times end to end. Done it in go fasts, done it on cruisers.If you want to skip all the crap, start above Peterborough. From there south east,with the exception of the Otonnabee river and Rice lake, it pretty much sucks unless you like sitting in lock after lock between all the idle zones. Better yet, start at Lake Simcoe, skip 90% of the ugliness and 6mph zones and cruise out to Georgian Bay and the 30,000 islands. Definately one of the most beautiful boating locations in the world. While on Simcoe/Couchiching, visit Barrie, Orillia and Big chief Island. Theres also DoubleR Performance close by if you happen to need anything during your trip.

If you need any details, pm me and I can fill you in.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

how long would this take to ride from one end to the other? Always wished to do it but it never happened...
Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Here are a few pics from my trip from Lake Simcoe west to Georgian Bay. I agree with Airpacker. Do Simcoe west to Geo Bay and spend some time there. My home waters in the summer months. Let us know if you are in the area and we can share some local knowledge.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Trent Severn-pics-home-2-655.jpg   Trent Severn-pics-home-2-654.jpg   Trent Severn-pics-home-2-645.jpg  

Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

nice pictures. I heard about that special lock. Must be fun!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

I took a cruise from Port Severn to Big Chute this fall. The scenery was spectacular, and I would highly recommend it. I plan to bring the boat there next summer and do more exploring. For those of you who have gone up the Big Chute, did you have any scuff marks/scratches from the belts they use to suspend your boat with?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered

Not one mark I could find. Its all done with hydraulic slings. Pretty cool crossing the road and having motorists waving at ya from their cars. We cranked up "all right now" by Free on the stereo and the the trolly crew( lock workers) and all the other boaters were all gettin down to the music as we travelled the railway. It was hillarious to see.

klaw, as you can see, BTB's 50 Nortech can travel the system, 31 cig would be no problemmo.

jeff32, plan on at least one week to travel the system from Trenton to Port Severn. It can be done faster but only if you just want to go thru without looking around. Lake Simcoe to Georgian Bay is approx 6 hrs if theres no wait for the locks. Its the south end of the system that eats time up. Lock...putt putt...lock...putt,putt...lock and so on for ever.

The small lakes of the Kawarthas section of the TS system are nice but real short rides between locks as well.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Registered

Hey Bob, did Predator scare people in the locks when ya fired up those bad boys?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Hey Bob, did Predator scare people in the locks when ya fired up those bad boys?
Ya, she was barking off those walls alright. Worried some of the old ladies lookin over the edge would fall in !!

Quick Reply: Trent Severn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.