If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    95 Top Gun
    You think you have problems . This is what my wife wants .
    She even leaves the 07 Sea Ray brochure on my end table .
    Now if I could get it to go 70 I might reconsider .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    So. Fla
    Bert go to and look at the forums section. Put a post up asking for used 288's and 32's and you might find one in your range.

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar

Look at the bright side, at least you will still be boating....

I too was selfish for some time.

But now my wife convinced me to sell my boat for a hole in the ground that I can throw money into....

I noticed none of them were around when it came time for the buyer to take delivery.

Later I found out my daughter's (ages 5 & 8) wanted to keep the boat!

I guess my wife was avoiding a scene by taking the girls out for the day.....

The inground pool is now on its way.... I am sure I will love it too, but it just won't be the same without having boat.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

My Boats:
    G. E. Submarine 1945 Long and Deep
    Dallas, Texas
    Take a look at the 38 Fountain Express Cruiser!
    70MPH Cherrywood interior, Gen/Air, Electric Anchor,Vacu Flush Head..........

My Boats:
    91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
    start a thread asking us how dangerous bow riders are and we can make them look like the devil, then have you wife read the thread

Are We There Yet? Platinum Member Stalkin's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Cigarette Tiger TS
    Springfield, La.
    I would never put my girls in a bow rider...
    Stalkin'.....If it's Not A Cig, it's "Tiger Bait"...

Quote Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
    I had my heart set on a Sonic, had the wife in my corner too. But of course, she is flipping on my ass now pressuring me into getting a bowrider for the kids. Is she right, hell yeah, but I'm a selfish SOB and I want to have fun! Of course I'm gonna lose this battle, so until I can afford two boats, I'm now looking at a 1995 Regal 8.3 and a 1998 Powerquest 26 sls. Any info on either one of these or any other recommendations would be great.

Sad & Distraught

This is a great boat with kids and it still runs low 70's. I am going to a Formula 370SS with a few more amenities and the ever priceless SHADE! Sunsation makes the best mid-cabin boat on the market. The others look like guy did it after drinking a 12 pack with his buddy in the garage with a sawzall nearby!

On flat water you can ride up front but in traffic, sloppy conditions no one even wants to ride up front!

My Boats:
    27 Fountain (sold)
    Hamilton, OH
    If you have $ for 2 boats and insurance, just buy a 32SS MCOB Sunsation! Drop in some big power and you have a go fast open bow!!

My Boats:
    Formula-2004, 382 Fastech w/Arneson Surface Drives
    Sandusky/Olmsted Falls, OH
    Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    start a thread asking us how dangerous bow riders are and we can make them look like the devil, then have you wife read the thread
    I've seen kids fly out of an open bow boat!! Just kidding. I agree Sunsation is the way to go. Whatever you buy, "you" need to feel good about the purchase or you won't enjoy your time on the lake. For me boating is a passion and everytime I'm out I feel like a kid. My wife would love a Formula Sun or Super Sport, I just wore her down and she gave up.

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    I grew up on open bow boats and I don't think they are dangerous at all. Were not talking about the ocean here were talking about some good size north texas lakes. I enjoy the ride upfront because you don't hear the engines and if feels like you are all alone flying through the water. I also think you may be suprised on how much you will use a cabin. We had a 24 sea ray cabin cruiser and we used to hang out in the cabin all the time during 100+ days. The windows actually create a nice little breeze through the cabin door. Throw in one of those koolaire ice chest air conditioners and you got it made. My lakehouse neighbor also has a 24 wellcraft cabin boat - he and his kids use the cabin all the time, especially on the hottest of hottest Texas days.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast