Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need help OSO members or Suppliers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/156962-need-help-oso-members-suppliers.html)

G Man 04-28-2007 12:14 PM

Need help OSO members or Suppliers

Sold my boat : ( The buyer came all this way from Germany. He gave me a deposit. and is wireing me the balance of the money on Monday and coming to get the boat and shippiing it to Germany from the Newark NJ port.

When showing him the boat I noticed one of the purple anodized rings around my Gaffrig Monster speedo had the finish bubling and starting to flake off. It's the only gauge doing it.

He didn't see it but he is a good guy and I want this to be right.. My boat is perfect other than for this. Can anyone sell me one of these purple anodized rings and overnight it to me for Monday so I can make this right for him.

I can be reached at 412-979-7674

Thanks,
Greg

Magicfloat 04-28-2007 12:39 PM

Call Fred www.trickmarine.net

G Man 04-28-2007 12:44 PM

Machine says , our normal busines hours are .......

anyone have an alternate number for Fred?

This is kind of funny as I am sitting here at my computer with a Trick Marine t - shirt on.

Too Old 04-28-2007 09:08 PM

I can overnight it to you Monday morning for a Tuesday delivery.

Will that work?

If so, please email me the shipping info and size of bezel.

[email protected]

Fred

el indio 04-29-2007 01:36 PM

great service.......thats Fred.......

jonyb 04-29-2007 04:00 PM

Before Fred was mentioned he's the first one that popped into my mind...

BRUCE SEROFF 04-29-2007 04:06 PM

Your a good egg G man. Most people would just say F it.

The anodizing on these products suck. Ive had many pieces flake off.

G Man 04-29-2007 07:46 PM

Fred, the boat is leaving tomorrow for New Jersey Port. Thank You so much for the quick response but there is just not enough time to get this done.

I told the buyer on the phone today about it. He is going to look at it tomorrow and decide if he wants me to order it for him so I still may be calling you. I can then send it to him.

Thanks guys for the responses!!!

MitchStellin 04-29-2007 07:53 PM

You should open a seperate account and have the money wired to it, make it season for a few days. I just had a friend do this with a snowmobile and it turned out bad, good thing the sled never left but it was close. Unless you know this person well be careful, you would be amazed at the bad Certified checks we get at the bank (he could give them one on his side), they look perfect. If this happens you are on the hook for the money and the boat is gone. The Bank can't catch this for a while but a good one will check for the funds and put a hold on them. Not trying to spoil the sale, thats great, but this world is full of surprises and they seem to keep one step ahead of us.

Sick Stinger 04-29-2007 08:21 PM

G Man is this Mange? who bough your boat??? if so no worries on the tranfer i did buissness with him awsome dude