Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   trailering (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/156976-trailering.html)

tuffenuff355 04-28-2007 05:29 PM

trailering

I was considering trailering the boat this year, would like to hear the pros and cons,. and how many people trailer their boats?

el indio 04-28-2007 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
nuff said.........$hit happens..........

Edward R. Cozzi 04-28-2007 05:44 PM

With the right tow vehicle and a good trailer it's not too bad with a 24 footer. Make sure your tongue weight is correct.

Be careful where you store the boat, as theft is easier with this set-up.

Make sure your insurance writer knows of your new situation and the trailer is covered too.

Good luck!

Indy 04-28-2007 05:49 PM

I tow my 33' PowerPlay with a F350 PSD and have no problems unless the truck is broken :rolleyes: Make sure your hitch is rated properly and you tow withing your GVWR or you'll have insurance problems if you ever need it. Don't skimp on the equipment and your in for a great time!!

buck183 04-28-2007 06:14 PM

Stupid question....how else would you move it to use it? :)

Buck

kaama82 04-28-2007 09:06 PM

Been trailering for 6 to 7 years now. For the first 3 years I lived 10 minutes away from the ramp.(CAKE WALK) Now it takes me 30 min. I've got the wife trained in performing all necessary tasks to make the job flow. It helps if the ramp you use is good, but remember there alot of people out there that think they know how to trailer, launch, etc. correctly. By the way 38' Scarab, towed by a Ford F-350. My 2 cents.

TexomaPowerboater 04-28-2007 09:26 PM

Only hauled a boat once over a long distance - from Chatanooga to the OK - TX boarder. S***t happens and you learn - get good equipment. Can't say that I really enjoyed any of it - except for the fact that I was trailering a bad azz boat. Now I trailer it about a mile to the ramp - nice and slow.

t500hps 04-28-2007 10:10 PM

I love trailering mine.....Mainly because I have proper equipment and by bringing the boat home I get to store it INDOORS!!!!!!! Nasty, rainy weekend....no problem, I can still go out and work/play with something on the boat. Trailering is like buying a much smaller/larger vehicle, you get used to it and it becomes no problem.

BTW: 382 Formula, F-350 dually

pstorti 04-28-2007 10:24 PM

the trailering is not the problem it is the aholes at the boat ramp that are the worst part!

mopower 04-28-2007 10:29 PM

Never left a boat in the water more than a week , usually not even overnight , in other words , always trailered. Like everybody else stated , use the right equipment and no problem Mon:cool:

27 Fomula and F350 EXCAB PSD SRW