Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I want OUT!! Anyone Have Connections in the Cayman's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157009-i-want-out-anyone-have-connections-caymans.html)

MitchStellin 04-29-2007 11:05 AM

I want OUT!! Anyone Have Connections in the Cayman's

I tried to post a Thread on this but I made a mistake so here we go again. I have over 20 years of experience in Lending and want to get out of this rust bowl I live in. If someone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I have sent a few emails through a search I did and hope to hear from some but as is in most cases it is not what you know but who you know. Thanks a million.

Panic Button 04-29-2007 11:30 AM

caribbeanjobs.com. We picked up a house on Cayman Brac, 3 years ago, retirement in 5 years...

dean51267 04-29-2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin (Post 2109962)
I tried to post a Thread on this but I made a mistake so here we go again. I have over 20 years of experience in Lending and want to get out of this rust bowl I live in. If someone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I have sent a few emails through a search I did and hope to hear from some but as is in most cases it is not what you know but who you know. Thanks a million.

PM Sent

Zudnic 04-29-2007 01:20 PM

The one thing to consider is there is alot of scams invovling these places more related to offshore bankng and tax shelter avoidance, etc. The best people to help with planning a move like this, try finding RBC Global Private Banking (Royal Bank of Canada). I like the securty of dealing with Canada's largest commercial bank and that they have branch offices almost everywhere in the World you could think of, across major cities in not only North America; Canada, U.S, Middle East, Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean, British Isle's, South America, etc.......

may have already sold your business and are looking to retire in another country.

MitchStellin 04-29-2007 04:30 PM

Thanks, I have a call into Dean. I know it can be a little shady there but I also know there are lots of good honest people there too. I have been around a long time and have a pretty good eye for this. I will try everything I can so any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I'll let you know what I find out. The more I think about it the more I wan to make it work.

el indio 04-29-2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin (Post 2110088)
Thanks, I have a call into Dean. I know it can be a little shady there but I also know there are lots of good honest people there too. I have been around a long time and have a pretty good eye for this. I will try everything I can so any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I'll let you know what I find out. The more I think about it the more I wan to make it work.

REMEMBER RULE #1.....believe nothing you hear.......and 1/2 of what you see......

ratman 04-29-2007 06:13 PM

costa rica baby.... more pussua than you can shake stecz's stick at

Racegirl3 04-29-2007 06:15 PM

Need a good title person? :D

MitchStellin 04-29-2007 07:36 PM

Sure RG...I hope you are ok with starting over:eek: :D . About 20 years ago I did this but went North, I was too young and it was too cold and remote so I came back, now with MI in an absolute Depression....not a Recession but a full blown Depression, I have to say goodbye, in my 25 years in the work force I have had it with the ups and downs, the auto industry treats this state like a pig and just runs us into the ground every 10 years or so but the cycle keeps getting shorter and soon it will be over for the auto industry here, so much has moved south, and south of the boarder, and the jobs are lost forever. Then those who loose the jobs move away so there are not even people to purchase goods and use services so we just keep shrinking. This process will not happen over night but I am going to make it my mission to make a change, just like the Thread in the Bilge....starting over. You know, this all came to a head the other day when I had 65 calls to my cell, 45 to my work phone and 53 emails. I spent the entire day just answering on thing or the other, and although this sounds good it was only a little good new business, most of it was problems. I did a quick check of my cell phone alone and found that since 1/27/06 I had spent 23 DAYS (over 530 hours)on the phone, based on the number of minutes (31,800) I had accumulated, I had not reset it since I replaced it. I was shocked and just plain sick to my stomach. It was an eye opener that was the last straw. That is almost a month of my life lost on the phone. I can see sleep, but not the phone.:D

dockrocker 04-29-2007 08:25 PM

I'd go if I could, but the dismal housing market in Michigan has me chained here. On the plus side, I am not dependent on the auto industry anymore, so as long as I can outlast Jenny "Tax me hard!" Grandmole, things should be OK....