Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HAVASU Update..Where is it?............. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157024-havasu-update-where.html)

bonecrusher 05-04-2007 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2116461)
Sharp boat...here is a pic from Havasu....looked great running but have not heard any numbers. Rumor has it they still have work to do on the bottom.

The owner told us 115 mph when we were all checking in but when we ran the run with them we didnt see them any where close to that.

waterheater 05-04-2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2116461)
Sharp boat...here is a pic from Havasu....looked great running but have not heard any numbers. Rumor has it they still have work to do on the bottom.

Paul, when are you going to post your pics?

TSPM 05-04-2007 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by waterheater (Post 2116481)

Hey Pete....we took over 150 pics....just putting together the slide show the past few days....hopefully by this weekend it will be up online.

You missed a great trip :evilb:

waterheater 05-04-2007 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2116486)
Hey Pete....we took over 150 pics....just putting together the slide show the past few days....hopefully by this weekend it will be up online.

You missed a great trip :evilb:

Maybe next year, we have been talking about it.

WARPARTY36 05-04-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by ClownRoyal (Post 2116110)
From what I have heard...Digger better go back to the drawing board. Don't shoot the messenger here but top speed heard (before or after blowing blowerbelts) was a 138? If that is the case no wonder Digger didn't show up at Havasu.

Leave it to the "EXPERT" with 10 posts to talk smack on one of the baddest boats ever built:rolleyes: It is a brand new hull and engine design, give them a little time.:cool:

IDRPSTF 05-05-2007 12:48 AM

Time for $.02 from the guy with the home court advantage!
First off it was great to see so many faces from the past and put a few faces to screen names I have seen on OSO through the years. Additionally it was a great experience meeting so many new people.

The party started kicking off Thursday and ran well into Sunday evening. Thursdays street fair brought out the locals and has been the talk of the town ever since. Great thinking by whomever decided to bring the community and the poker run contestants together. That alone will make for a big welcome sign next year.

Jim gave a heartfelt speech before the run making everyone in attendance remember we need to play the game safe (I loved that he mentioned not to buy fuel on the water, that took big huge church bell sized stones and needed to be said).

The wife and I jumped in with a client and had a great run behind Carlos Vega (Vegas Baby) for a leisurely 75 MPH Poker Run (would have got lost 5 times without ya!). Then off to the sand bar to have a few tastee adult beverages.

A big fat thank you to Mike Foires and Jay Photoglo’s crew for hanging onto our boat when a passerby snipped the anchor line (The guy in the water holding a rope to a 38 fountain in his teeth while swimming against the currant was me)… I owe you guys a beer for the help. All and all it seemed like a thousand people showed up in town with something in common and a willingness to help each other out when needed and that alone made the first run of the season seem perfect. Thank you again to those who put this event together and made it fun, safe and available to all of us. As for the rest of you… you need bigger faster boats to keep up with the Joanses and I open tomorrow at 8:00!!!!

Matthew W. DeLisio
SmugglersInc.com
928-505-TOYS

TSPM 05-05-2007 09:07 AM

I will post the link to the slide show tonight :drink:

Or visit our site at www.T-SPM.com and it should have a link on the home page after the intro. After 10 PM.

TSPM 05-06-2007 09:40 AM

Here is the link to our site for the pics .........

Slide Shows 1 & 2 Desert Storm 2007

gsmith9898 05-06-2007 12:49 PM

Number one is a killer slide show, music and all.

Westcoast 05-06-2007 01:27 PM

Thanks for putting that together and sharing it...IT was like I was back on the lake:D