If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    99 27 Kryptonite
    Brick, NJ
    just a gps...leaning towards the Garmin Nuvi 350

Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    I have always had good luck with magellan roadmate.
    I bought my husband a Magellan Roadmate 800 last year for Father's Day & he LOVED it. It's compact, very user friendly, all touch screen if you prefer, he can download pics in it for viewing when not in use of the family or whatever (the ones I'm not supposed to see......LOL), has awesome detailed maps with all your typical GPS features rest stops, restaurants, etc. will reroute you if need be due to traffic back ups or you miss a turn, etc. Apparently you can add weather features & a bunch of stuff to it too if I've heard him & told it back correctly. Good luck on your purchase.

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    Thanks everyone!!! Appreciate all the input!

I'm just looking for auto gps capability without all the extra stuff that I wouldn't use.

We decided to go with the Garin.

Thanks again everyone!

My Boats:
    1987 Apache Scout
    Garmin c330. As basic and simple as you can get. Works great. I bought one today. 299.00 at Boaters World.

My Boats:
    Boating, four wheeling, electronics
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    I've been a big advocate of Garmin for years and own a bunch of them including my big 3006C marine, and 2610 Streetpilot.

But I'm done with Garmin. The car GPS uses an information
    data base (kind of like a yellow pages) that is updated yearly
    or so. So you need to buy new map software every couple of years to keep up to date. Garmin charges $140 for the map software. Their most recent iteration of an unlock system for their maps is just unworkable for me. I have a life and don't have time to pursue the garbage they put you through.

Especially since it's a lot easier to just spend a couple of hundred every couple of years on a new GPS and to heck with the unlock garbage. My choice will be the Lowrance iWay250.

The other thing Lowrance will shortly offer which I need on my marine GPS is the video input. Coming in July.

Lowrance has better topo and marine maps (they have butt kicking arizona lake maps for free on their website).

In short, bye bye Garmin. Hello Lowrance.

Pesky Varmint

Platinum Member Platinum Member First Gun's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Top Gun
    P.V. good news Garmin only charges $75.00 for your updates in car nav. and the new 42xx and 52xx models have video inputs as well as the old 3210 model

Clinton N.J.
    My wife loves her Garmin Nuvi. She won't go any farther than down the street without it. Doug

My Boats:
    99 Baja 272I
    St Charles MO, Lake Ozark MO
    I just got the garmin nuvi 350

get from best buy, price matched to walmart internet. Best buy takes 10% of the difference off of walmarts price of 369. Final price less than 360.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12