Who is Tx?...poor guy must be old
To your point I have offered in print on this website...literally miles of suggestions...and predictions....While the predictions come true..... both are ignored.....yet I continue to suggest...and predict.
As to the suggestions.... and they have been consistent.
1. Deal in facts...not fan fare. Overhyping the sport and its participants destroys its credibility... Understand that constructive criticism is a good thing and not "negativity", while unconstructive blind optimism is a bad thing and not "possitivity".
2. Look at the current classes with a critical eye......like a spectator with no experience.... you will find that they are too confusing to excite the average joe to come back. There needs to be a single main event feature class that the world, not the racer, can comprehend.
3. Admit that no group has a clue how to televise or even how to get a television contract. Understand that television is the only vehicle you have to create sponsor value.
4. Unify....or die. OPA, OSS, OCS, APBA, SBI, UIM, WTF?
5. Work on a simple plan to attract sponsors, keep race sites, and grow the sport. If the numbers continue to fall, get new leadership.
6. Admit that racers make lousy race promoters, and new racers make lousy (and inexperienced) race promotors.
7. Realise that government by committee yields mediocrity.
8. Understand that the guy with the biggest wallet, bar tab, and mouth is not neccessarily a good leader, nor does he have anyone's interest but his own in mind.
9. Find a real, experienced leader with no private agenda beyond the success of the sport, give him authority, a set of deadlines and a budget to work with......Let him choose his team......Senor David comes to mind each time I bring this up.
10. Keep the faith....... you're on a downward curve..fuel prices are soaring.... recreation/boating stocks and budgets are down...so things are likely to worsen before the sun comes out.
Just my tired ol' 2 cents.
Last edited by T2x; 05-03-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Obsolete and proud of it
Ahora estoy mas interesado en este conversación! Sin embargo tengo más español aprender! (just in case anyone fluent comes on here and wants to start up a conversation in which I will get rapidly lost!)
you think we have it bad...you should see the mongolian cluster f#*k the blowboaters have devised..not only do they a bunch of classes, but inside each class every boat has a rating..so is he in my class?? do we owe him 3 seconds a mile or does he owe us 12?? its enough to make someone want to get drunk and buy a power boat (which I did)
please read the fine print
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine