T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
must be tough being only a few with a SS# that has 3 digits
What are you talking about?

Brownie has number IV

and Linder's is a scratch on a rock......

T2x
Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Stackers were cooler in my world , but any roundy round or drag outboard is cool too.

RT
Old 05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RBT
Stackers were cooler in my world
RT
Your wish is my command.

By the way.... in front of the stacker is a fellow named Sirois.....

T2x
Attached Thumbnails T2x???-my-pictures-050.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Popcorns not needed. Its conversation ... you learn by conversing. Id love to hear T (even shorter version ) talk about what was good back in the day ... instead of just whats wrong with today .... point me in the direction of those threads
to each their own.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Rich what is it you do to people, that get them so excited to converse with you?

Since you have a little bonfire going here, I thought I would throw another log on to see where this goes.

Some of the HORBA guys have come up with this great idea IMHO to see if anyone would be interested in open ocean racing again.....so from that little seed, combined with the efforts of some people doing the new Aronow documentary, the following little gem has come about.

A Bahamas 500 race to be held this comng October 2007.
Only three classes..... to keep the confusion to a minimum.
Classics....HORBA kind of raceboats.
Diesels....Magnum 63 footers and the like
Modern...Bring 'em on..cats, vees, dogs, whatever ya got.

Course starts in the Government Cut in Miami and then up to Palm Beach along the coast (don't turn left) and then over to and around the Bahamas for a while ....the 500 is kilometers, not miles by the way (everybody wants to be green).

Richie Powers and Jerry Jacoby are heading up the effort. They are looking for sponsors...$$$$. They want to make it worthwhile for people to actually put bigger fuel tanks in these offshore boats. $250,000 to win.

So what have the results been so far????.....

From the boat companies that currently build offshore race boats.....nothing, nada, none, no, no and again no. One named builder won't even return the phone calls once he found out what the race was going to be like.

Will the little guy rise up and say we want this kind of racing anyway? Will a lurker on OSO step up and pull out the needed sponsor money? Will there be a collective yawn among the offshore crowd and only sportsfisherman will show up for the diesel class? Will Rich be called forward to do the TV play by play for the 3 classes.

So many questions........It is the real thing that people have talked about for years...you bring your boat, you start with everyone else and at the end of 500 Kilo's, you win or lose....just like the good ole days.

Here is an opportunity to race just like this photo completely out of sight of land so that only you and your crew actually knew what you went through.....any takers?
Attached Thumbnails T2x???-bertram0002-small-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Charlie, I for one, sure hope this event takes place. I will make certain to be there (unfortunately only as a spectator).
Talk of a race like this comes up about 1-2 times every year, and just never comes to fruition.
I wish you all the luck in the world putting this thing together. And I agree, it would send a message of what "we" really want to see.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Rich what is it you do to people, that get them so excited to converse with you?

Since you have a little bonfire going here, I thought I would throw another log on to see where this goes.

Some of the HORBA guys have come up with this great idea IMHO to see if anyone would be interested in open ocean racing again.....so from that little seed, combined with the efforts of some people doing the new Aronow documentary, the following little gem has come about.

A Bahamas 500 race to be held this comng October 2007.
Only three classes..... to keep the confusion to a minimum.
Classics....HORBA kind of raceboats.
Diesels....Magnum 63 footers and the like
Modern...Bring 'em on..cats, vees, dogs, whatever ya got.

Course starts in the Government Cut in Miami and then up to Palm Beach along the coast (don't turn left) and then over to and around the Bahamas for a while ....the 500 is kilometers, not miles by the way (everybody wants to be green).

Richie Powers and Jerry Jacoby are heading up the effort. They are looking for sponsors...$$$$. They want to make it worthwhile for people to actually put bigger fuel tanks in these offshore boats. $250,000 to win.

So what have the results been so far????.....

From the boat companies that currently build offshore race boats.....nothing, nada, none, no, no and again no. One named builder won't even return the phone calls once he found out what the race was going to be like.

Will the little guy rise up and say we want this kind of racing anyway? Will a lurker on OSO step up and pull out the needed sponsor money? Will there be a collective yawn among the offshore crowd and only sportsfisherman will show up for the diesel class? Will Rich be called forward to do the TV play by play for the 3 classes.

So many questions........It is the real thing that people have talked about for years...you bring your boat, you start with everyone else and at the end of 500 Kilo's, you win or lose....just like the good ole days.

Here is an opportunity to race just like this photo completely out of sight of land so that only you and your crew actually knew what you went through.....any takers?
This has AMF written all over it................

Mr. Haggin?.........

Charlie:

My one concern is the short timetable you have made for yourself. A race like this takes a lot of coordination, especially considering you will touch two countries. The second , and more important issue, of course, is safety.... chase boats, air sea rescue, etc...and that means the Coast Guard(s).

But, count me in for anything you need or anyway that I can help. I'll gladly announce.......... or maybe race ......

T2x
Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Do you believe this thread has generated 156 responses in a day and a half?

It's like the Seinfeld show.... a thread about nothing.

T2x
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chippin it
It is ironic you and evilways both have 28 skaters with promaxes,could he be the same
Nope...never met him...at least I don't think I have... but according to his posts he has (or had) a Sonic for sale..and he rigged a Cigarette..... and he has a neat old pickup truck.....

Now we have a 158 posts about nothing.....

Maybe we oughta call this thread something original and catchy....... of course today.... original and catchy.... means sampling somebody else's original, catchy title.......

like "Wind Tunnel"........
Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I will pack a trauma bag and a couple boards..put me in a chase boat and I will do everything I can to make sure you guys are safe and come back in one piece....

Quick Reply: T2x???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.