Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
BH,
I have to say you are right about that.
F2 almost 30 boats in Sarasota and even when we upgraded to SVL I think a lot of great boats.
Brett
Who knows what you do.
I was just talking to a guy that pretty much hit the nail on the head. Skater and Fountain raised the bar so high in SV that everyone is either quitting or running P2. The other manufacuers are at least 5mph slower with the current specs.
Yea Brett when we started racing in 1999 SV's had blower motors. Very few boats and the ones that ran broke often. I think SV w/ spec motors is the most competitive , safest class offshore racing has ever seen. To see it fragmented and ripped apart is a shame. Why can't everybody get along?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
animalhouse,
You can't be serious about it that it has anything to do with money with your team.
They bring two coaches, support semi, sport cars (one could pay for what I spend in two seasons) , motorcycles, 5-10 employees/ friends. One pilot and private plane for multiple trips to accomadate different peoples schedules and some customers.
Don't worry my hats off if I could afford to play like that I would but don't make this a financial issue. Those two have more money than I will ever see and they deserve it.
They decided to race Europe and the OSS when I raced with them last year and they already started boat 2 for that reason.
But you know what It doesn't matter anymore maybe that can win the OSS worlds by themselves.

Brett
I am not trying to claim that Mike and Joe can't afford to Race in both countries, I am just stating the fact that the investment isn't worth the time and money to continually show up to only race One Boat.

If there are more competitors, than they will evaluate their decision further, but at this point it doesn't make sence. All of that "Show" doesn't get to the races on love, it costs money.

It is a financial issue, not with availability of funds, but more with the return on the investment. Continually racing against one competitor would simply be throwing good money onto bad.

Mike has made a big investment to race in Europe, and at this point he is focusing his attention and resources to Europe.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the one boat you have to beat is your chief competition then you had better stay and race. The statement about not winning the National Championship when both teams have only one win each is a joke. Good luck to them over there they are going to need it there will be Fountian's there also.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
All the excuses in the world of marketablity, and fan base do not change my opinion. A) OL is afraid of Fountain and B) They are traitors to American Boat racing. I'll even add a C) If Reggie is cheating
Peace Out, Louie
lol... my god-!! you really are a COWBOY aren't you there BUSH Jr.!!!
Want to freeze their assets and deport Donzi,OL, Skater and the rest of the infidels as-well?

- Traitors to American boat Racing - what a uncultured idiotic comment that was.... let's turn Anti-american sentiment by Americans towards Americans-- I think we've had this conversation before with your wild patriotic rants - R E T A R D E D -

You obviously are ignorant to the fact that is a very serious term you slang so loosely, in the past, treason was thought of as worse than murder.

Try to take some Pep-to for that diarrhea of the fingers you have going there, they are really stinking up this forum.

P.S Looks like this year marketability and fan base opinion just drove a stake through the heart of someone's personal sandbox or what you call a organization.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how do you guys turn not racing one race but deciding about the rest for the yr based on competative attendance into this?

The internet ruined boat racing, with forums like this!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boomer35
how do you guys turn not racing one race but deciding about the rest for the yr based on competative attendance into this?

The internet ruined boat racing, with forums like this!
Well said.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
lol... my god-!! you really are a COWBOY aren't you there BUSH Jr.!!!
Want to freeze their assets and deport Donzi,OL, Skater and the rest of the infidels as-well?

- Traitors to American boat Racing - what a uncultured idiotic comment that was.... let's turn Anti-american sentiment by Americans towards Americans-- I think we've had this conversation before with your wild patriotic rants - R E T A R D E D -

You obviously are ignorant to the fact that is a very serious term you slang so loosely, in the past, treason was thought of as worse than murder.

Try to take some Pep-to for that diarrhea of the fingers you have going there, they are really stinking up this forum.

P.S Looks like this year marketability and fan base opinion just drove a stake through the heart of someone's personal sandbox or what you call a organization.
You my friend are an imbecile, but aside from that, you must understand what you are reading and quote it properly or what you say doesn't have any teeth. Is there treason against boat racing? Thats what I said boat racing in America, I do not consider anyone hear anti American. But they are sabotaging there own venue, where we race or our sandbox as you call it, is growing like wildfire, I wonder why? Why are there only 2 or should I say 1 boat racing OSS SV ?, because none of your heroes from Donzi, OL or Skater have entered boats ( so I guess they deported themselves?). Anyway where do you race? What class boat? What have you done to promote racing?(in the USA) What are your feelings on the safety equipment in use? So with that said, you take a chill pill and dream of Hillary in a bikini on the back of a Donzi

The American Cowboy,
Louie
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
I am not trying to claim that Mike and Joe can't afford to Race in both countries, I am just stating the fact that the investment isn't worth the time and money to continually show up to only race One Boat.

If there are more competitors, than they will evaluate their decision further, but at this point it doesn't make sence. All of that "Show" doesn't get to the races on love, it costs money.

It is a financial issue, not with availability of funds, but more with the return on the investment. Continually racing against one competitor would simply be throwing good money onto bad.

Mike has made a big investment to race in Europe, and at this point he is focusing his attention and resources to Europe.
look back at what NASCAR started, what won on sunday, sold on monday. Reggie has used this to his advantage for many years, not neccesarily in a bad way. Many fountains have sold and thats all well and great, but now the gene pool is diluted with them, so people and racers are looking elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
As they said, they dont want to spend the season racing against ONE boat.. There's no point in that, hell it's boring after a while..
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Why do you think Donzi doesn't race anymore?? For that reason exactly.
Actualy, Donzi is kicking ass and taking names in Europe... I believe they will have three boats over there this season...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The attitudes of many of the professional racers on this and other forums is one of the reasons that attendance is going down, sponsorship is going down, and racers and their boats are heading elsewhere to race. The whole "We are Gods, give us money and kiss our fat a s s e s beacause we run around in boats that the various racing entities have crippled with their overzealous rules and regulations so that now they run slower than the spectators boats" attitude has killed the sport.

The fans are tired of the bickering, and the attendance numbers prove it. Key West last year was a joke, Destin was better, but even so, not great. When the racers decide to put aside their petty differences, treat each other AND their fans like fellow humans devoted to the sport, stop the cheating that goes on, stop the false accusations, well, then the fans may decide to come back.. Until then, well, I'll be in Key West again this year.. But, you know what, we are heading down to party. And lo and behold, if somehow a miracle occurs and lo and behold there actually IS a boat race or two with more than one boat in it, hey, bonus.. But if not, if its the same old crap, we are gonna party anyways..

As far as the comments about the AMF crews, their teams, and the few teams that emulate them, are the only hope this sport has of surviving.. They embody the true spirit of racing that the fans are clamoring for: They go out and gve their all.. If they win, they are gracious in victory, if they lose, hey guess what, they are gracious in defeat.. A class act, that knows how to treat their fans, they will do well overseas, where racing is still racing.. IMO their motto should be "All you crybabies go home", but they have too much class for that..

Quick Reply: Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.