Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CSI Miami to feature Donzi!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157291-csi-miami-feature-donzi.html)

Son of a Gun 05-08-2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR (Post 2120058)
Time to pay up Jay!! I believe he called it a "Custom Twin Engine Donzi with 1400 hp"

I missed the part where they stated the horsepower rating. It was cool to see the boats, good for Donzi. They seem to get a lot of Hollywood exposure...Bad Boys II, Miami Vice, CSI...

I still am not a huge fan of the show...over acted IMO. I agree with an earlier comment, there was a nice rooster tail shot in there. :cool: Best CSI I've seen...but only cuz of the boats. :D

Donzi38ZR 05-08-2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zudnic (Post 2120596)
The labor union salary rules about filming outside of Los Angeles County; has a punish production companies that take shows outside of Hollywood rule, salary increase. Arnold wants to start a tax against California based production companies who make their shows outside of the state as well. :cool:

The other entertainment unions, since most of their members are LA county based, the big three networks like to suck up to them as well. Hence why even Hill Street Blue's was mostly shot in downtown LA, as well as ER, even the lame former Fox Show The OC was mostly filmed in Manhatten Beach studio's and alot of the exterior's at Redondo.....

Wow, defentely did not know that:eek:

WARPARTY36 05-08-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by kennyo (Post 2120241)
I turned it on just in time to say the Donzi was the fastest boat to cuba or some sh*t.

He said it was the fastest boat in Miami:rolleyes: :drink:

tomtbone1993 05-08-2007 12:58 PM

were can i find some of those fiberglass blisters for my rig? I would like to make some extra money:evilb: :evilb: I am sure I can just use some liquid nails to bond them on the sides, then if the coasties catch me they will pop right off....no problem:eek:

Donzi38ZR 05-08-2007 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dkwestern (Post 2120201)
At least there was some footage, pretty good rooster tails in the one scene!

Indeed!

Zudnic 05-08-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR (Post 2120631)
Wow, defentely did not know that:eek:

Miami Vice trivia. The name Sony Crockett was used by Vice creator Anthony Yerkovich as a bad guy in a Hills Street Blues episode.....HSB at times you can see palm tree's in some street scene's.

Alot of cable syndicated show's, Stargate SG1, Battle Star Gallactica, Smallville, Dead Like Me etc are shot in Vancouver by Canadian production companies. Hence why Arnold wants to bring in a tax! It's also why alot of big production studio's are still LA county based as well and not in less expensive area's of the U.S.