If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Newbury Park, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by tblrklakemo View Post
    Just got an email from the pres. He said: "I dont know when you have been out on the water, so maybe the timeframe was mixed up. Yes, your boat is loud. If you could keep it silent while in the cove I would appreciate it."

Thats all he had to say.

But the middle of the afternoon....come on!
    This sounds like a reasonable request. The president's message sounded polite to me. He didn't give you an order. He just said he would "appreciate it". I would be the better man, and say "No problem." You might even pump it up, and be extra friendly. There might be some other request you have of the HOA in the future, and they may remember your good natured response when they review your issue. Also, it's not like you need the performance of open exhaust in a marina/cove anyway.

This reminds me of the situation with my cars around the neighborhood. I drive like an old lady in the residential area. They would never suspect what happens out on the open road.

My Boats:
    98 271 fastech
    springfield, Mo
    I can't beleive he had the balls to ask you to run quiet untill you were out of the cove. When I had captains call I only used it half the time around our dock. Most of my neighbors liked the sound of bigblock. Your president is probably the ******* who tows his kids within 50' of my wife & I when we are anchored up in one of the side coves in spring creek! We have a place just across the chanel from ya @ point 5. Now I know where to go for early morning speed runs

My Boats:
    2001 Mach 1 314
    We won't be down this weekend to busy. I have the checker pattern on white mach 1. we typically hang out in your cove towards the back.What you other guys don't relize about this lake is there are small 8 to 10 slip docks and most of the houses are off the water 150' or more,the coves aren't real big so you hear and see almost every boat. So was it my boat or yours?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345