Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reasonable request regarding silent choice use? >

Reasonable request regarding silent choice use?

Notices

Reasonable request regarding silent choice use?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Just got an email from the pres. He said: "I dont know when you have been out on the water, so maybe the timeframe was mixed up. Yes, your boat is loud. If you could keep it silent while in the cove I would appreciate it."

Thats all he had to say.

But the middle of the afternoon....come on!
This sounds like a reasonable request. The president's message sounded polite to me. He didn't give you an order. He just said he would "appreciate it". I would be the better man, and say "No problem." You might even pump it up, and be extra friendly. There might be some other request you have of the HOA in the future, and they may remember your good natured response when they review your issue. Also, it's not like you need the performance of open exhaust in a marina/cove anyway.

This reminds me of the situation with my cars around the neighborhood. I drive like an old lady in the residential area. They would never suspect what happens out on the open road.

Michael
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't beleive he had the balls to ask you to run quiet untill you were out of the cove. When I had captains call I only used it half the time around our dock. Most of my neighbors liked the sound of bigblock. Your president is probably the ******* who tows his kids within 50' of my wife & I when we are anchored up in one of the side coves in spring creek! We have a place just across the chanel from ya @ point 5. Now I know where to go for early morning speed runs
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We won't be down this weekend to busy. I have the checker pattern on white mach 1. we typically hang out in your cove towards the back.What you other guys don't relize about this lake is there are small 8 to 10 slip docks and most of the houses are off the water 150' or more,the coves aren't real big so you hear and see almost every boat. So was it my boat or yours?