Any current/new ILMOR owners?? >

Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Notices

Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Old 07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a pair of Innovation 600's that run just shy of 20 psi difference in oil pressure at speed. They are somewhat closer to being the same at idle, but the difference is still almost proportional. After worrying about it for 10 years and 500 hours, I guess it's OK....

I put it down to one engine being slightly lower along with both it's sending unit and it's gauge.

Finishin It - I hope that your situation gets resolved as best as it can be.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
I just got a 32 skater with 710's boat has about 12 hrs on it, left motor has about 50 lbs oil pressure rt has about 70 lbs , any ideas??
I have just over 100 hours on a set of 625's, one has read 60 lbs from day one and the other 80 lbs. I figure it's just a guage issue - either way the engines have run just fine for 4 seasons now.

As for oil in the bilge, I left an old oil filter gasket on once. The engine idled fine but dumped the oil as soon as I came up on plane. Boy that's something you only do once.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by finishin it
My 2007 710's have less than 70 hours on them. My second time out this year during a Poker Run my low oil pressure alarm goes off cruising along at 90. I pull the throttle back and shut it down immediatly. I opened up hatch to find a bilge full of oil. The strange thing is you could not visiibly see where the oil came from and it did not spray around. The motor was pulled out and sent to Ilmor and over the last 5 weeks Ilmor can not explain why or find where it came from. They want to charge me a slightly reduced price (still carzy money) for a long block or sell me a "slightly used" motor. It has been a long painfull process and I'm still without my boat and worse yet no reason or assurance my other one or the next one wont do the same. The entire summer has been ruined, they have no explanation and they want me to cough up crazy money after a motor with 70 hours with no reason dumps 5 quarts of oil and trashed the entire motor.

How often do you service them? Do you service them yourself or use an Ilmor Auth Service Ctr? Providing documentation is always good when seeking to make a warranty claim. Including pictures of the engine & bilge immediately following the incident is helpful as well.

I'm speaking from experience b/c I have a custom engine that failed on an initial sea trial by the boat builder / rigger. He called me & asked what to do & I told him leave EVERYTHING exactly how it is & bring it to the engine builder still in the boat. In my case it was just 2hrs away from the boat builder. The custom engine had NO WARRANTY!

It's no secret I'm an Ilmor fan but that aside I really don't know of any Ilmor engine failures due to an assembly problem or part failure.

Would a 2007 engine still be under warranty??
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
FYI- 710's run Mobil-1 Synthetic 0w-40 not 15w50 I see 60-80lbs at start up. Made the mistake of putting 15w-50 in one time & oil pressure was a little higher.

How about swapping the gauges or sending units to see whether the pressure follows or remains??

Did you buy Alan Greens boat w/ the #6's?
Yes, bought allen's boat, and yes we're running the 0w -40.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

Cool

Yes, bought allen's boat, and yes we're running the 0w -40.
Congrats!

That was the boat I had hoped to upgrade to from my Ilmor powered Skater 30! damn the bad luck!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Congrats!

That was the boat I had hoped to upgrade to from my Ilmor powered Skater 30! damn the bad luck!
Thanks! I'll sell it to you when your ready!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered

Thanks! I'll sell it to you when your ready!
I'm going to hold you to that so don't even think about having this thread deleted!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stopped by Ilmor yesterday, and got to meet IlmorDude during my tour. Fantastic place, and the internals of the Indy drive look awesome, like aircraft turbine parts.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Ilmor's only hold 5qts of oil? My v10 dodge holds 8..... There may be part of the problem yes/no?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Ilmor's only hold 5qts of oil? My v10 dodge holds 8..... There may be part of the problem yes/no?
I'm thinking 8-9qts on the marine application & mine hold closer to 10 w/ the large remote mounted oil filters.

Quick Reply: Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.