Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any current/new ILMOR owners?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157332-any-current-new-ilmor-owners.html)

NO MERCY 07-31-2009 05:07 PM

Being a Viper guy, I think the ILMOR power is really cool in a boat.

Im curious as to when we will start seeing some forced induction, big power Ilmor projects.

At least in the cars, the Viper motors love the boost. I made over 1,200hp with a set of hairdryers, and drove the thing on the street daily with the AC on like a Toyota Camry. Great reliability.

ILMORdude 07-31-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by NO MERCY (Post 2922487)
Being a Viper guy, I think the ILMOR power is really cool in a boat.

Im curious as to when we will start seeing some forced induction, big power Ilmor projects.

At least in the cars, the Viper motors love the boost. I made over 1,200hp with a set of hairdryers, and drove the thing on the street daily with the AC on like a Toyota Camry. Great reliability.

Marine world is a hard place to live in..........................:drink:

ILMORdude 12-01-2010 04:30 PM

Yo Ilmor owners!! Lets have an update after the 2010 season!!

wrinkleface 12-01-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 3264702)
Yo Ilmor owners!! Lets have an update after the 2010 season!!

Yeah, what Dude said!!???:party-smiley-004:

NASCAT 12-05-2010 01:15 PM

As much as I'd like to post I think everyone knows my story so I'll spare them of a boring recap!

stainless 12-05-2010 08:32 PM

Best engines I've ever had!

NASCAT 12-05-2010 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 3267819)
Best engines I've ever had!

+1 Now if we could only get them to offer some sort of aftermarket performance boost kit.

ILMORdude 12-05-2010 10:42 PM

How much more would you guys want? Say you send your engines back for a refresh. What would you like to see as an option/upgrade??

NASCAT 12-05-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 3267901)
How much more would you guys want? Say you send your engines back for a refresh. What would you like to see as an option/upgrade??

I know that the Ilmor powerplants are naturally aspirated & known for their reliability & durability so I'm not suggesting Whipple upgrades etc but if Ilmor or someone offered different software, throttlebodies, injectors etc or combo's that might yield one another 20-30hp. There are options for the black & blue equipment mostly due to the fact that they have blowers but even their low end 496 stuff have header options.

Maybe it's port & polish intake runners & heads?? Don't know the answer exactly but I think there would be a market for some aftermarket basic's like tunes if they really worked & were priced right! I know the fear being reliability & the bad press Ilmor might get over it but as long as the truth was told about an engine being modified & the actual cause of failure I think it would be pretty safe.

Not everyone can swing selling their 625's for a pair of 710's or 725's.

Just my $.02!

ILMORdude 12-06-2010 08:35 AM

Good post. I'll pass it on