If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    I thought C_Spray would be chiming in with his update. Boat ran great all summer long. I have some video, I'll post later.

I have a Donzi 38 ZR with 3 seasons with the gen 3, 7-10s, 285 hours. Pushing are the Merc #6s. Boat is located in Louisiana. I do all the maintenance, and I have NEVER had a single problem with the IIlmors....... period. Great motors and absolutely great people to do business with. Only problem are all the people wanting to look at the motors at the marina, and people following me until I stop to ask, "Your boat sounds different. What cha got in it?" Some people say they sound like Ferrari motors.

If I'm not mistaken, the Donzi factory only made three 38 ZRs with the Ilmors, back in '07 models, just before our current economic conditions took over!!!! Mine was made with the 625s installed with Imco bravos. The bravos really couldn't handle the power, so the second year, Ilmor changed my motors and drives out to the current setup. I know there is the second 38 ZR in existence in NJ that still has the 625s and running great. The third 38 ZR is the Ilmor "test" boat. As I also understand, Donzi didn't install the 7-10s, but was rigged by someone in the Carolinas, and was originally pushed by Merc #6s. This was before the Indy drives were available.

Nick, does Paul's boat still have the 7-10s with the #6s, or have yall upgraded his boat with the gen 4 motors and Indy drives? (Probably a stupid question)

If Reggie Fountain stays in the boat business, he should consider using the Ilmor current lineup of motors and drives.

And, if you haven't heard of the new Ilmor built V-twin, you need to start searching.

My boat name........ Vipers & Vixens

Platinum Member Platinum Member NASCAT's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2017 Nor-Tech 340
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by IlmorDonzi View Post
    Nick, does Paul's boat still have the 7-10s with the #6s, or have yall upgraded his boat with the gen 4 motors and Indy drives? (Probably a stupid question)
    Almost positive it's now powered by Gen IV 725's & Indy Drives!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567