Notices

Holy S**T!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow

104 new 72 trade in sounds like a baha !
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chriswithaboat
Wish I could. No lemon laws for watercraft. I even offered to trade it back to them and buy a 30 outlaw but they said they would only give me 72K for a boat that cost me 104K out the door! BTW -- I wouldn't be getting rid the boat if it worked so that was really adding insult to injury!
What?!?! What's in it for power?...Options?

104 for a 27' Baja??? Holy sht!

Boy, have things changed since I had mine. Not too long ago a 25OL or a 272 - essentially the same - would cost around 55 very nicely equipped.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad to here, my 88 had delam in 91 after 3yrs in the bulkhead in front of the motor and the dealer told me not to worry back then it was nothing I don't go to tbm its a joke

Last edited by AIR TIME; 05-04-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Very nice boat! Find someone to buy my brand new POS and I will buy that one! I already have a slip and a lift that will hold it!

Chris
Ad says offered by Sewell Marine. Maybe they would take a trade.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
It is very common for new boats to have problems. Something like 40% of all boats break down on their maiden voyage. We had problems with our brand new sea ray sundeck, which was bought from MarineMax (lewisville). I don't think this is anything bad on Baja's overall.

I think that everything happens for a reason so this may just be a sign for you to sell that baja and upgrade to a better boat. Lick your wounds and be on your way, these things usually happen for the better. Sell that Lemon of a powerboat and go buy that 30 ft Mystique in dallas for under $100K. I promise you will never care about Baja or their BS website ever again and you can get on to enjoying boats instead of stressing over them.

Link: http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/7/86249647.htm
That boat is actually at Cherokee yacht club, home of E- Dock! Dump the poj and come up and buy it, we will show you an awesome time!!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

As a paid member of Team Baja Marine I was kicked off for stating facts on the Baja 277 making one of the boats of the year..... Only after I agreed to post up all the invoices I have paid out of pocket to fix warranty items that Marine Max was not capable of....

Please tell me if I am wrong informing the public with proof of problems with the boat that their dealer network cannnot take care off???

BTW he threaten to hit me with a brick... I guess cause he is to much of a panzy to just go toe to toe...

"You are to ****ing far gone, man! If I had a brick, I would bang it upside your head as you are on thick sum *****."

I'm a mod on a lot of sites, at least 10 unpaid and 1 as a paid MODERATOR, and your actions on TBM were uncalled for, there is a place to post up such commentary in the complaint section. From what I read, you refused to do that, and thus were booted, plain and simple.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

new boats are big money now days, even smaller single engine boats can hit 100G's and more, I bought a new 2000 model h2x from marine max, it took them 5 tries to fix a problem with water getting in the boat, I found the problem which was simple, Baja put an anchor locker drain on the bow of the boat, but the h2x does not have a front anchor compartment, so the drain in the front part of the bow connected to nothing letting water in, they removed it and gel coated the area, but the match was not that good,
Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Paisan
your actions on TBM were uncalled for, there is a place to post up such commentary in the complaint section. From what I read, you refused to do that, and thus were booted, plain and simple.

-mike
100% agreed Mike

Chris
Old 05-04-2007, 06:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chrisf
100% agreed Mike

Chris
And just as an FYI I've had my run-ins and disagreements with TBM as well, so this isn't just a love-fest for TBM, I've called Blake out on things which were unfair, but in this case, he is actually right.

No different than someone posting in the Electronics and Lighting section asking how to fix their outdrive!

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Not avoiding just didn't have much time on the computer today.

1st day swim platform is broken because dealer lifted the boat wrong.
Step to climb in boat broke the first day
Drive trim tab indicator broke in the first couple of hours -- This is what it went to the shop 6Xs for and they could not figure it out. Also they lied to me and said they had replaced it. Turns out you have to pull the drive to replace this and the shop I paid out of pocket showed me where it had not been done before.
We have some mystery electrical issue that when you shut the boat off sometimes it will not restart unless you trip and reset some of the breakers.

Chris

There are more issues relating to Marine Max concerning a boat I purchased from them prior and traded in on this one but we won't get into that as it doesn't really have anything to do with the issues on this boat.
Is this the extent of your problems?
Swim platform broken by dealer (I'm assuming now fixed by dealer?).
Broken step. Is this now fixed?
Trim tab indicator. Sounds like fixed at your expense by another boat dealer.
Electrical issue. Sounds like not fixed.

Okay, if I had those problems with a brand new boat I'd be dissapointed. If the dealer jerked me around I'd be p!ssed.
I'd deffinately contact Baja for a resolution but probably try a different dealer to see if they could help. Or contact Marine Max corporate. The local Marine Max here is very good and took care of a warranty issue I had with a new boat I purchased elsewhere.

I've had three Baja's and haven't had any real problems, maybe I've been lucky. I had a Cigarette that I had a ton of problems with and dumped a ton of $ into. I still would never call any of my boats a POS, especially if you're trying to sell it! The problems you have don't sound major. Annoying, inconvenient, even troublesom but doesn't seem like enough to call it a POS. Sounds like more of a lack of customer support from the dealer issue.

Quick Reply: Holy S**T!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.