Notices

Holy S**T!

Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Is this the extent of your problems?
Swim platform broken by dealer (I'm assuming now fixed by dealer?).
Broken step. Is this now fixed?
Trim tab indicator. Sounds like fixed at your expense by another boat dealer.
Electrical issue. Sounds like not fixed.

Okay, if I had those problems with a brand new boat I'd be dissapointed. If the dealer jerked me around I'd be p!ssed.
I'd deffinately contact Baja for a resolution but probably try a different dealer to see if they could help. Or contact Marine Max corporate. The local Marine Max here is very good and took care of a warranty issue I had with a new boat I purchased elsewhere.

I've had three Baja's and haven't had any real problems, maybe I've been lucky. I had a Cigarette that I had a ton of problems with and dumped a ton of $ into. I still would never call any of my boats a POS, especially if you're trying to sell it! The problems you have don't sound major. Annoying, inconvenient, even troublesom but doesn't seem like enough to call it a POS. Sounds like more of a lack of customer support from the dealer issue.

I have been working with Marine Max and Baja since Jan to get the items fixed. I say a P.O.S. because what good is a boat that the dealer tells you well we got some of the stuff to work out of water! Damn... I know I purchased my boat to keep on the trailer. Also you would think being this is my second boat I have purchased from them they would step up and put a little more into it so I could trade it for something that works seeing that these problems aren't a result of anything I have done besides buying their product.

They offer me 72K trade in on a boat with 20 hours that hasn't worked right from day one! Again the boat was 104K out the door. So not only does the boat not perform it loses 30% of it's value in 20 hours??? That is a POS!

Had I known a new boat was going to be such a pain in the ass I would have just purchased used and then if something breaks I don't feel bad paying money out of my pocket for things that should be warranty......
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I hear ya, I bought used!

Again, sounds like mostly dealer issues. They are deffinately boning you on the trade in and probably did on the purchase too.

Marine Max is a big outfit and I would think their corporate offices would try to address this. Have you contacted them? They send me a fancy magazine and do a lot of promotion stuff so you'd think they would be concerned about their dealers. Hit their website and see if there is anothe MM dealer near you and contact them. If they can't help then I'd write a letter to the president of MM.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Chris,

I am just curious so don't take this the wrong way. Every test I have read of the 277 shows an average MSRP of between $102-104000 with the 496HO and all the nice options. I also show this in my Baja MSRP guide for the boat. So, given the normal markup in a Baja, it probably could have been bought for around the mid to upper 70's. (roughly 20-25% off)

How did you get out the door for over 100 grand? Was there a trade in involved that you were upside down in?

Just curious...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
Whatever happened to free speech? You would think they would welcome feedback on a brand new boat...I guess customer satisfaction is not a top priority anymore.....
No free speech in a privately owned forum and most if not all have spell out the terms of use, that you agree to when joining.

Not a good thing for creating customer satisfaction. I had a upper control arm go on my Navigator, was 2 to 5 miles out of warrenty when it happened. Dealer said Ford denied the warrenty claim. Phoned Ford and they covered it, I'm no longer a customer of the dealer, Ford however at least towards me they did right.

Baja should realize they are human, anything made by us may have some problem. If I owned Baja the company would try my best to ensure that the customer is satisfied. Not create further dissatisfaction......
Old 05-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zudnic
No free speech in a privately owned forum and most if not all have spell out the terms of use, that you agree to when joining.

Baja should realize they are human, anything made by us may have some problem. If I owned Baja the company would try my best to ensure that the customer is satisfied. Not create further dissatisfaction......

WTF, this BS has absolutely nothing to do with free speech .....

The TBM website is NOT operated by Baja, but a private individual who has an established sponsorship relationship with Baja. Like every other private business, TBM has policies and proceedures to which users must adhere when using its forum and bandwidth.

There is, and has always been a COMPLAINTS section on TBM which is the appropriate forum for members to discuss any problems with their Baja. Common sense would dictate that a NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS section would not be an ideal location to complain about a recent purchase.

All of this BS relates to childish antics, especially since it appears that Baja customer service had not even been contacted prior to creating these TBM bashing threads.

By the way, I'm really pissed at OSO ..... the price of gas is way too high
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
WTF, this BS has absolutely nothing to do with free speech .....

The TBM website is NOT operated by Baja, but a private individual who has an established sponsorship relationship with Baja. Like every other private business, TBM has policies and proceedures to which users must adhere when using its forum and bandwidth.

There is, and has always been a COMPLAINTS section on TBM which is the appropriate forum for members to discuss any problems with their Baja. Common sense would dictate that a NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS section would not be an ideal location to complain about a recent purchase.

All of this BS relates to childish antics, especially since it appears that Baja customer service had not even been contacted prior to creating these TBM bashing threads.

You sound like the kind of guy that would turn Chris in on a forum. I disagree about this being a childish antic. You shouldn't have to contact Baja customer service directly, in my opinion the dealer should wait on you hand and foot if you buy a brand new boat. The guy has a right to be pizzed. If he wants to vent a little - then he can go right on ahead. I would probobly do the same thing. In my opinion its a lot more entertaining then a birthday or a where is joe blow- who gives a Sh**t thread. I also think that a lot of people may be interested in which dealers to buy a boat from and which not too. MarineMax in Arlington, TX, has done a horrible job and his voice should be heard.

But, Chris - maybe try not to be so negative.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Everybody that has posted in this sight has a point. The forum sights are here so we as boat owners can get with other others and talk about their good times, bad times, how to make it better and any bi***ing that may come up. When you have a problem with a new boat you take it to the dealer, if that don't work then you take it to the manufactorer. As a new boat dealer, I can tell you, customer service is where its at. If you can't help the customer for whatever reason then they( the dealership) should be equipped to help the owner find a outside source to rectifiy the problem or problems. I agree with Still Haulen. There is a place for everything in these forum sights. To bypass the complaint section and go to a general discussion hoping for the right person to hear it is a waste of time and effort on Chris's part. Not when one call to the BAJA may have cleared it up quick fast and in a hurry.

Last edited by Wet Dream; 05-04-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
You sound like the kind of guy that would turn Chris in on a forum. I disagree about this being a childish antic. You shouldn't have to contact Baja customer service directly, in my opinion the dealer should wait on you hand and foot if you buy a brand new boat. The guy has a right to be pizzed. If he wants to vent a little - then he can go right on ahead. I would probobly do the same thing. In my opinion its a lot more entertaining then a birthday or a where is joe blow- who gives a Sh**t thread. I also think that a lot of people may be interested in which dealers to buy a boat from and which not too. MarineMax in Arlington, TX, has done a horrible job and his voice should be heard.
I happen to agree with you, he does have many reasons to be pissed, however why wasn't his "gripe" posted on the dealers website?

Why start all this BS and start bashing TBM, which happens to be the only website that the Baja people actually monitor consistantly. There is even a section which is wholly dedicated to complaints and problems associated with its member's Baja.

Bottom line, this whole silly episode has nothing whatsoever to do with Baja Marine or even with TBM,
it's solely about having a tantrum over not getting one's own way.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered

I said you cant say whatever you want on a private forum, break their rules and they can boot you.

If a dealer gives you a hassle call the manufactuer and if they dont help you. Then drop them as well as the dealer. I kind of defended Baja, anything made by us humans can and does have problem's. Nobody is perfect did Jordan miss shots? Does Tiger Woods play a bad round of golf? Both those guy's do have off days. Does'nt mean they are bad at their respective sports........
Old 05-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I happen to agree with you, he does have many reasons to be pissed, however why wasn't his "gripe" posted on the dealers website?

Why start all this BS and start bashing TBM, which happens to be the only website that the Baja people actually monitor consistantly. There is even a section which is wholly dedicated to complaints and problems associated with its member's Baja.

Bottom line, this whole silly episode has nothing whatsoever to do with Baja Marine or even with TBM,
it's solely about having a tantrum over not getting one's own way.
Well......... maybe a tantrum and a not so good dealership. Good points.

Hot dayum its Friday and I'm going to the lake for the first time this summer.

Quick Reply: Holy S**T!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.