Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Selling boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157354-selling-boats.html)

fazznick 05-03-2007 05:58 PM

I sold my boat last year and didnt have many calls for the first month or two. May was when all the calls started. During the first two months I also listed it for 109,000 knowing I would take less. Finally I listed it for the minimum I would take. Calls started comming in and it only scared a few people away that I wouldn't take less than listed. Also nothing turns away a buyer like a boat that is not clean. I showed it two times. First time the boat was fithly from not being touched all winter and buyer was not interested. Second the boat was waxed and cleaned inside and out. No need for a third and the boat sold. I also agree with taking the picture out that showes you running in rough water. I think still shots work the best. Don't worry too much yet. Calls will be coming this month.

baja27 05-04-2007 08:29 AM

Thanks guys for all your input. The price on this is 70,500.
I will remove the pic of the boat in the air.
Also do you think I should remove the prochargers?
The boat still will run in the high 70's without them:D

jmeng 05-04-2007 08:33 AM

Agree 100% with the other posts. The number of people in the market for an 11 year old boat with supercharged engines is pretty small. Not a knock on the boat at all, it's bad azz. But you're just going to have to wait for the right buyer. Have you listed it in the classifieds, boat trader, etc? Doesn't seem like the swap shot gets that much traffic.

Chris Sunkin 05-04-2007 08:42 AM

Four-buck marina gas isn't helping the boating market. The only place that isn't hurt is the high-end. If you drop a $mil on a boat, gas doesn't really affect you.

On the blowers- most guys want turn-key reliable. Actually, most guys want to be Don Aronow, they just don't want to go through the labor and expense. Most don't or can't do their own work and paying is expensive and in-season, you can be at the back of a long line while your season evaporates. Make your boat sound fun AND reliable and you'll get more action. A complete survey from a known HP guy and lots of documentation from reputable, known sources goes a long way too. I've bought my share of boats with "fresh power" only to find out later the true value of scrap steel.

Good luck.

TSPM 05-04-2007 08:52 AM

Right now turn key reliability is IN...boosted motors are NOT.

Fuel is also an issue at both price and quality....lots of sub prime fuel being sold nationwide which is a nightmare for boosted motors....just our .02

Seems like people are shopping for straight up EFI power without any boost this past year.

NoQuarter 05-04-2007 08:55 AM

My comments are from a buyers persepective, not a seller, as I wish to upgrade in the next year.

I would agree that the 'flying' picture would scare me off.

One question though, and let me put this as delicately as possible. If you remove the blower, wouldn't you have to tell the prespective buyer that it was previously blown? To me, to remove it and then to not tell the buyer would be dishonest. And I'm NOT saying you would do this!!!

But it seems that once it's blown, you kind-of have to stick with it as removing it won't accomplish anything because the motor has already been subjected to boost.

Blowers cool, but in my area they are unnessary. Personally, in my serach I will look for only normally aspirated motors.

dreamer 05-04-2007 10:56 AM

point of reference... 99 topgun 500efi 95k...

think u might have to go 60-65k.... and it should move fast

sellsman11 05-04-2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2116607)
point of reference... 99 topgun 500efi 95k...

think u might have to go 60-65k.... and it should move fast

EXACTLY what I was saying. Also, take the word Race out of the description. (trust me!);)

baja27 05-04-2007 11:34 AM

for that kind of money I'll keep it. Where can you buy a boat with fresh power and xr sportmasters and all the new parts put into this boat plus trailer for 70k! no where

hitman 05-04-2007 11:44 AM

Maybe it is a dose of reality that Americans have not faced lately?