Notices

Selling boats

Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
NoQuarter

Just looked at the ad....

Wow, that is a pretty amazing boat, though.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
for that kind of money I'll keep it. Where can you buy a boat with fresh power and xr sportmasters and all the new parts put into this boat plus trailer for 70k! no where

i know of a 98 36 apache for 75k right now
Old 05-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Dreamer you have been looking for a boat for a long time now why don't you bite on the apache?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for that kind of money I'll keep it. Where can you buy a boat with fresh power and xr sportmasters and all the new parts put into this boat plus trailer for 70k! no where
And that's the reality of performance boating these days. Some of these boats have been dropped 50%- and that's from the fair market prices that they were selling for a couple years ago. Fuel prices, noise restrictions, outright closings of some waterways, insurance prices--- they've all put a big dent in this sport. Those left are the truly hardcore. Those buying are picking up what might be deals but prices may not get better.

There's alot of folks out there who are financed or home-equity-loaned to the gills and are now horribly upside down. many have no other option than to make a payment that hurts and insure a boat they can't afford to fuel up.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dreamer you have been looking for a boat for a long time now why don't you bite on the apache?
older and slower than what i have?

its a friends boat that he may put on the market in the next few weeks... hes not a boating degenerite like we are
Old 05-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
And that's the reality of performance boating these days. Some of these boats have been dropped 50%- and that's from the fair market prices that they were selling for a couple years ago. Fuel prices, noise restrictions, outright closings of some waterways, insurance prices--- they've all put a big dent in this sport. Those left are the truly hardcore. Those buying are picking up what might be deals but prices may not get better.

There's alot of folks out there who are financed or home-equity-loaned to the gills and are now horribly upside down. many have no other option than to make a payment that hurts and insure a boat they can't afford to fuel up.

this post is a dose of reality.

i have to admit, i was "almost" in this position...looked at a top gun 5 years ago ,in the 160's. i would have put down 20% and carried a 20 year note , so , now it would have been 5 years gone by , 15 years left ,doesn't run cause i'm sure by now it would be broken... plus if it wasen't broken , i couldn't afford to fill it up...

on top of that it wouldn't be worth no where near what i would have paid for it and i'm sure oi would have dumped a $$$$$ through those first few years in upgrades...

sooo, i bought a 1972 28 cigarette for 14k -cash...

now , she just sits in the shop waitnig on me to find time to work her back to orginal beauty....

good luck to you , hope you find a buyer.....
Old 05-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

baja27 - Your boat was on my short list when I bought my Powerplay. Boat looks absolutely perfect, but the main reason I did not buy it was the prochargers. For a boat with blowers I wanted to see that the whole motor had been built with an upgraded lower end. Not stock 502's with blowers (which is how it appeared to me, regardless of whether the lower end needed to be beefed up or not). Price (within reason), really didn't matter to me, if it was the boat I realy wanted with the options and in the shape I wanted. That being said, however, the market simply sucks right now also (as many have stated above between gas prices, insurance increases, etc.). I have dropped my pants on trying to sell my Checkmate, and honestly believe it is one of the best deals on the market (as far as Checkmates go), but it hasn't moved. My problem (I think) is that I don't have a stock Merc motor in it. I have a Flagship 500 which has consistantly run as reliably, or more reliably than the same Merc HP 500, but it is doesn't matter to the buyers, because they don't know Flagship. It seems to be the sad state of our sport right now, that there is just not the demand for these boats, so that even with what would normally be very enticing pricing on very clean boats, the offers to buy just aren't there.

Last edited by JROMY; 05-06-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:45 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shooter
I bought a smaller boat and then bought my piece of the water (rackominium). That was a big factor - access down here in FL. It was better to have a small performance boat and make sure I could use it in the future. Storing a 30 foot boat will cost you about 1000.00 per month in a couple years. Trailering just plan sucks IMHO - I did it for years.

I basically blew out my 302 with a new 502s in it just to move it. Most boats in the classifieds are not reflecting the current state. I had a Shooter once with a Blower in it and sold it in a month - just had the right price and right buyer.

No offense - I've owned 3 Bajas and had a blast with each one. However, they are all over the place - in water, for sale, and do not hold their value well. Maybe not now, but quality is just not there - like I said, I've owed 3.

That being said, what does sell them is you get a lot of boat for the money - That is what I found motovated most when I sold mine. That is also what got me to buy in the first place. Make sure it is attractive against a comparable cig, fountain, etc. with the same equipment. Value buyers are the Baja market - guys that have some dough but not bleedin rich. Keep that in mind when you are pricing it - are you being realistic with the market and what you want out of the sale?
Before the owner jumps on you he is not selling a Baja its a Power Play
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Its all about the money. If its not selling the price is to
high. I sold my last boat on EBAY. Well actualy off of
Ebay.

I checked the add out its a sweet deal.
But if your going to say "I will keep it for that price"
this is what you will end up doing....Not selling.

Be patient and flexable.

RareBreed Your cat is awsome for a split second I
almost considered crossing the line.

Just my take!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

killed the message

Quick Reply: Selling boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.