I need a nice resort hotel-florida's west coast >

I need a nice resort hotel-florida's west coast

Notices

I need a nice resort hotel-florida's west coast

Old 02-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need a nice resort hotel-florida's west coast

Go a little farther north to St Pete Beach and the Don Cesar http://www.doncesar.com
Old 02-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Hi -

How many people will be you be traveling with ?
Season on Marco Island (February,March,April), the hotels are usually packed and pricey. The two bedroom suites at the Hilton and the Marriott can run over $1000.00 per night. Decent houses are also not cheap....try Prudential on Marco....ask for Rebecca (239)642-5400

If you are planning on coming down every year for the next few years, check out Sunset Cove. Fractional ownership 3bed/2bath super luxury condo's, with boat slips ....
They rent them by the week as well...
www.sunsetmarco.com
Old 02-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

We have stayed on Captiva a couple times alast year and stayed couole spots. Our favorite is tween waters. Not as upscale as south seas rsort but more our stlye. Great place, cool pool, nice dock. I think south seas got hit really hard with hurricane charley last year, you might want to check on that, last I heard they were still closed I thought (about 2 monthes ago). Maybe someone has been in the area recently for a rebiuldign update of the whole area. The sister property of tween waters is right between sanibel and captiva island called castsaways. I dont recommend it, it not 1/2 as nice as tween waters and dockage suks. If you taking boat. Low tide it has about 1.5 water in the channel and almost got caught that we could return to dock at night. I even asked the dockmasterr about the channel cause i sure looked sorta shallow put we droped boat in the water and the tides was 3/4 hight. Great area though, my wifes favorite vaction spot . Just don't swim in Boca Grande pass.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Go a little farther north to St Pete Beach and the Don Cesar http://www.doncesar.com
If you do end up making it up this way, I would also highly recommend the Don.

A little further north in Clearwater is a resort called Shepard's Beach Resort....If you really want to party hard during spring break, this is the place to be.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Depends on what you want to be close to. Naples has an array of suberb, fusion style restaruants, The Ritz Carlton and Registry resorts and decent nightlife.

Ft. Myers is a younger crowd, more beachy feel, laid back, and doesn't really have the glitzyness of Naples. But it's certainly a fun place to party.

Marco is pretty quiet and Sanibel is very quiet. Sanibel and Captiva got hit hard by hurricne charley and looks kinda bald now (many downed trees). South Seas is still recovering from that.

I'd say hit either the Ritz or Registry in Naples for the best in all around ammenities. Great beaches, restaurants, shopping, and boating too. The Ritz in Naples ranks way up there in "Best Resort" competitions year after year. 20,000 sq ft spa and golf reciprocations at nearby golf courses.

Good luck, have fun!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:42 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would go with the Shepard's post, have been there many times from Chicago and always had a great time. My buddy lives right down the beach, on the intercostal. What dates did you have in mind I was thinking of going down for a vist the 1st part of April myself. Poss. we could meet up.....
Old 02-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Due to hurricane damage, I'd stay away from Sanibel and Captiva this year.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

My wife says the Marco Marriott is great. I am also going to Marco Feb. 14-20 and I am looking for a good boat rental place. I also would like to know of any places good to go by water. I see rockstrmkr is from Marco do you have any ideas.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

The lardwalrus got all you guys again ... he revived a 3+ year old thread. That guy has been here and gone.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered

doh, at least I got an update on the repairs from Charley damage.

Quick Reply: I need a nice resort hotel-florida's west coast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.