Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More Kids someone will have to explain this too
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-1.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-2.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-3.jpg  

Old 05-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

More
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-4.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-5.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-6.jpg  

Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

more
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-7.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-9.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-10.jpg  

Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Just what does this looser expect to gain from this, a clear conscious? There is no way to buy that. He made a mistake he will live with forever, why drag 100s of innocent children, and men/women who want to help these children, into his guilt trip? I am sure those that lost their life that day are rolling in their grave, they are the ones who really paid. The fact is this driver had a new boat, no seat time, and a throttleman who is a racer and was going way above the drivers ability. He should have known better too and backed off. These two are 100% to blame, the water was like glass, the sky was clear and there were no other boats in the way. I watched him and asked everyone in my boat why they were overshooting the pier, then like a bat out of hell he made a very sharp turn and flipped. You know these guys are reading this and if they are they need to know two things...one is they are ruining this day for the kids who count on the rides and the money, and that they are opening old wounds that were just starting to heal. Thanks for nothing and don't you ever show your face in the Holland/ Grand Haven area or you will be run out like the scum you are. It is people just like you that ruin it for everyone. How does it feel to have cause so much pain for so many people and to continue this pain today and for the foreseeable future. Get a life and leave us alone, you now have more to worry about, like watching your back. POS.
Exactly right Mitch. I don't think the driver or the attorney have any problem sleeping at night though. I don't know either but if I had to guess the driver is probably a member of the lucky sperm club spending daddys money and the attorney is just another one of many countless bottom feeders that fill that profession so well. Neither of which know the meaning of personal responsibility. Whether my assesment is correct or not I don't know. I do know that they are in any case pathetic.

Marc, thank you for all your efforts and hard work trying to make life a bit more pleasurable for these children. God bless you.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sorry to hear this, the only organized poker run i have ever participated in is boyne thunder the past three years. first signed up becouse i thought it would be cool, then i walked in friday night that first year and ate dinner with some of the kids, listen to there stories. these poker runs took on a whole new meaning for me at that point, i sure hope that smoke makes it back soon.
it truely is the kids that are missing out, the joy on there faces, the money raised to help make their days with us better. sad day.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Terrible to hear

somebody must know this guy

but the "experienced" throttleman passing the pace boat is not good........they will probably take that and run with it.

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 05-08-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob and Marc, sorry 2 hear of this situation. Tracy
Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc, Bob, and Cherie, sorry to hear this news. You put on an incredible event, keep your spirits up, hope to see you on the lake this summer. Keith and Marcy in Kalamazoo
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very sad for the kids.. Im sure the people that got killed would not want this....
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't know the first thing about setting up an event like this. I spoke to some friends and biz connections. I will be able to raise some money to help fund the event. i will put the first $5,000 up. Anyone know who could organise the event? I will help out any way I can. Looking at the pics of those poor kids breaks my heart. Im sure we can get tons of help through OSO members. Any thoughts?!

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.