Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc

Can you post a copy of the SOTW entry and waiver?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry

no can do

if somone else uses it, and an accident happens, a leagle eagle will say I represented it as a proper waiver and i am back on the hook for providing it and have just openend myself up for another lawsuit

Like i said before, you have to choose where you want to be exposed to a lawsuit. Thi is sad but true
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Marc, Glad it is finally over and you can move on. I saw you out in the Donzi looked like a very nice boat. With regards to your post # 181 I think you should sue your parents......... There is not a judge in the world that wouldnt award you MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHASIN THE DEAL
With regards to your post # 181 I think you should sue your parents......... There is not a judge in the world that wouldnt award you MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Yep my only defence would be that i coulda gotten worse looking and called you to the stand as proof

Phil stop and say hi

Marc
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
Yep my only defence would be that i coulda gotten worse looking and called you to the stand as proof

Phil stop and say hi

Marc
Cruel..... but TRUE
Old 08-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
Sorry

no can do

Understood.....
Old 08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Based on the numerous high-powered boats that B.R. has owned and operated, it would take someone of similar qualifications who knows him for me to believe that he is a chitty throttleman - as someone called him in a previous post.

I remember a video on the Fountain site where Reggie takes a journalist out in one of his Superboats and runs it at very high speeds, 120+. Reggie does all the throttle and tab work while he tasks this novice journalist with steering the boat straight. . If this journalist had pulled a similar stunt and turned the boat while at high speed Reggie would have gone swiming too - or worse, but would that have made Reggie a bad throttleman? I think not but maybe it does show that he and others like him are a little foolish in entrusting their lives to less-experienced drivers.

My guess is that with this guy recently having big power installed in his OL, both B.R. and OL thought they were doing the right thing - and safe thing - by having an experienced throttleman of the like of a B.R on the sticks. Everyone and their mother knows that you are not suppose to turn a boat sharp at those speeds and if the boat owner does that bad things were going to happen no matter who was at the sticks.

Just me 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:52 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc, I'm glad to hear that this unfortunate tragedy has finally come to an end for you, or at least I'm hoping it has. Thank you for all the light you were able to shed on it for us. I'm sure we will not forget this.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Based on the numerous high-powered boats that B.R. has owned and operated, it would take someone of similar qualifications who knows him for me to believe that he is a chitty throttleman - as someone called him in a previous post.

I remember a video on the Fountain site where Reggie takes a journalist out in one of his Superboats and runs it at very high speeds, 120+. Reggie does all the throttle and tab work while he tasks this novice journalist with steering the boat straight. . If this journalist had pulled a similar stunt and turned the boat while at high speed Reggie would have gone swiming too - or worse, but would that have made Reggie a bad throttleman? I think not but maybe it does show that he and others like him are a little foolish in entrusting their lives to less-experienced drivers.

My guess is that with this guy recently having big power installed in his OL, both B.R. and OL thought they were doing the right thing - and safe thing - by having an experienced throttleman of the like of a B.R on the sticks. Everyone and their mother knows that you are not suppose to turn a boat sharp at those speeds and if the boat owner does that bad things were going to happen no matter who was at the sticks.

Just me 2 cents.
I believe a new OL and the first or second time driven and first step bottom boat. But it's been quite a while, maybe wrong.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Marc..if you ever do run sotw again, you can always count on my help Rob.

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.