Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is sad!!

Good luck Marc and Bob
Old 05-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
it would most likely be the driver's ins co.(the boat, his umbrella, or both, whatever) behind the attempt to "spread out" the liabilty. They are the ones (corporate lawyers) fighting for thier (the ins co.'s) bottom line and to limit loss payouts. The insured has no control over this at all, though as the ins co.'s client/policyholder would be named as plaintiff.

the world is going tohell in a handbasket...
This individual can and has elected not to handle this situation properly. He could have stopped this and people have discussed this with him. He is aware of his actions and their consequences and yet he elects to continue forward. These are not the insurance company's lawyers. These are lawyers that answer to him. P.O.S. NK
Old 05-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hitman
Bobby Russell is driving for OL in Europe!!! DUH!!! He was the driver, do you think he will sue OL and still get a ride from Them?
Where did you get that bad-info?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Registered

PRO needs to Counter Sue!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Why not reorganize the event under a new company so PPC or whatever the old company was takes the heat and the new company takes off unscathed by the past event?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
This individual can and has elected not to handle this situation properly. He could have stopped this and people have discussed this with him. He is aware of his actions and their consequences and yet he elects to continue forward. These are not the insurance company's lawyers. These are lawyers that answer to him. P.O.S. NK

thanks for clarifying. that makes me angry.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=phragle;2118029]that, in all legality would put the promoter at
GREATER risk of liabilty. If say, I certify you as competent to operate your boat, and you wipe out, then I could be held at fault for certifying you

so what your saying is its a free for all.....does the promoter profit from the poker/fun run..no coverage, no test.just run what you brung.....was it not a brand new boat..DRIVER ERROR.........
Old 05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

it doesnt /shouldnt matter if its a brand new boat or 30 years old, if the driverjust bought his first boat or has been boating for 30 years. no amount of driver training testing or competency can or will change the fact that the safe operation of a vehicle lies with the person behinde the wheel.

as far the the promoter profiting, it is a charity run, but givin the time and effort that has to be put in to orginize such an event, there is no reason he shouldnt be compensated.

as far as the reposinibilty of the promoter.. say Im into mtn biking, I orginize a trail ride thru a park for a bunch of fellow bike riders. I tell you before the ride that its for fun, not a race.. everybody pedals off into the woods having a great time untill you decide your joe mtn bike racer and go barreling down a hill fster than your skill allow and hit a tree. now is that your fault or mine?? should I have inspected every single bike before the ride?? should I have had every rider take a written test before?? shhouldm I have taken every rider thru some obstacle course or something before hand to see if they could safely operate the bike?? should I have hired a bunch of physcologists to interview and anylize every rider before hand in order to exclude anyone with a personlity that might be inclined to ride over his head?? should I have put on a 4 day safe bike operating seminar before my 2 hour fun ride?? where do you draw the line ?? personally my line was drawn when I said it was a fun run, an orginized trail ride...I expect everyone that shows up to a bike ride to be able to ride a bike, and to be able to ride it in a safe and responsible manner.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

had the driver been operating a 30 year old boat it would not have been as fast and it would not have rolled.i heard the driver took a turn at excessive speed.not the move of an experianced operator..no communication between throttleman and driver.......liability..
Old 05-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

I don't know the driver's name, but not sure how he lives with himself. You would think that killing two people would have been enough. He's decided to take it further and elminate a wonderful source of income and event for the Make a Wish kids, and eliminate one of the best poker runs.

Where do people like this come from? Must be how he was raised?

Like Nauti Kitty wrote, these lawyers work for this guy and it was his choice to continue down this path.

Absolutely disgusted!

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.