Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino that is an extremely generous offer, you sure have a big heart.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-08-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I wouldn't know the first thing about setting up an event like this. I spoke to some friends and biz connections. I will be able to raise some money to help fund the event. i will put the first $5,000 up. Anyone know who could organise the event? I will help out any way I can. Looking at the pics of those poor kids breaks my heart. Im sure we can get tons of help through OSO members. Any thoughts?!
I will donate.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

trust me this has to be done by us
permits and services are not an over night thing and without them the boats will be pulled over for many possible infractions

Gino you are the man and we will talk about your offer it is very generous thank you

Donna this is our playground to control and it is not as simple as just saying we want to do it but i also appreciate your desire to help

We are making some preparations for 2008 and working on other ideas for this year

patience grasshopper
Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure all donations will be appreciated and just sending money would be certainly a lot easier than putting on a fun run. You can count on Ian and I for a check.

You have me worried about Grand Haven though, are you saying if we brought our boat up to that area that we would have trouble

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-08-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

whatever happens, count me in to volunteer my services, whether it be fr saftey/medical or otherwise.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

Donna ,

What i am saying is if you had a lot of boats that were over the decibil limit that you would get hasseled without the proper permits

one ore two together is no big deal but a bunch going back and forth without DNR and Marine patrol heads up will just start the water cops on a ticket frenzy

they are cool as long as everyone takes it easy going in and out the channel

It is just that they are used to us requesting many things from them and they like to have a say (weather it means anything or not )

Again thanks for all the calls from everyone and PM's and emails Bob and I appreciate it

we are working on what it is going to take to fight this as well as what we need to do to plan for next year
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Very sad for every one, hang in there Bob and Marc were all pulling for you. Propwash
Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Marc, Bob & Cherie,

Thank you for all of your efforts over the past 6 years in supporting Make A Wish. Putting together an event like this is a major undertaking and your hard work and long hours of preparation are undoubtedly appreciated by the participants and most importantly by the Make A Wish families.

I was sad to hear about the circumstances that are forcing you to suspend the event. It's a tragic injustice that the greed and lack of resposnsibility of a few individuals can take away a source of support that helps these kids and their families. I join the others is hoping that this event will someday return and in the meantime that Make A Wish gets the support that they need.

Take care and I hope to see you guys around!

- Jeff
Old 05-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Registered

Marc,
I was in the first two Smoke On The Water Poker Runs and enjoyed them immensely, especially the "Make A Wish" ride!
So I was very disappointed to hear that this irresponsible boat owner operator and his sleazy lawyer have initiated this suit.

This statement in the Fox 17 report is especially disturbing:
"Morse sued the Poker Run, claiming among other things, that the organizers had a duty to legally protect the boaters from lawsuits."

What planet is this jerk from????
He signed the waiver form. The OPERATOR is responsible for any passengers on his boat, and is also responsible to make sure his passengers sign the waiver!
How is a poker run organizer supposed to "protect" an IDIOT like this guy from lawsuits? He's the moron who flipped the boat and killed those two guys.

Do you have a "defense fund" started, I'd like to contribute!!!!!!

Paul Difflipp
[email protected]
Old 05-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

what kind of boat did this moron own, who is trying to disolve the future of poker runs?

Can anybody pound some sense into his thick skull

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.